1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DONE Making shot------for sale?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Shootrman, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Hi Guys, An older gentleman came up to me yesterday and asked if I wanted to buy his shotmaker which he bought about a year ago. Actually I didn't but asked him a few questions about it and eventually he asked if I could sell it for him on EBAY.The fella payed #375/plus shipping. It's a 110 volt machine with #8 drippers. He said if he couldn't get $350.00 for it he was probably going to keep it in case he changes his mind about shooting again. I see things written on here quite often and thought I could get a fair opinion. He claims it is to much work for him anymore and needs to take at easy. Any comments would be appreciated. Oh and I did see it, it does work and has the usual lead splatter marks but it is fascinating how the thing makes beebees.

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

electrical stuff doesn't hold it's value well enough to have only depreciated 6%. If I was going to buy one (and I may soon), i'd spend the extra 25 bucks for a brand new one w/ warranty that doesn't have any unknown history.

just my opinion

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

I'm with skeet_man,

Good luck. It does not matter if the unit is only one year old. A $375 new unit will likely not go for anything more than $250-$275. I think most people have the attitude of "Why the heck would I pay you $350 for a used one when for $25 more I can buy new?"

Jeff

4. richrob

richrob TS Member

I dont know, people are goofy with ebay, they sometimes will spend more than it would cost at the store because they either dont know where to buy it or have to have that feeling that they won. I do believe that 350 is high, but 300 isnt far fetched. -Rich

5. Shootrman

Shootrman Member

Thank you guys for your responses. I'll tell my friend that maybe he'd be better off selling it locally. People in these parts are screaming about lead prices and maybe someone has a need for it. Thanks again

6. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Why don't you buy it yourself. 2 machines=double production-wow!!

7. shot maker for dad

shot maker for dad TS Member

HELLO, I AM LOOKING FOR ONE OF THOSE LITLETON SHOT MAKERS TO GIVE MY DAD SO HE CAN HAVE SOMETHING MORE TO DOODLE AROUND WITH. IF ANY OF YA OUT THERE HAVE ONE FOR SALE AT A REALY RESONABLE PRICE PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS LANDYN16@CMSPAN.NET

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.