1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

Donations to HOF

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by nameisjoe, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Poll:

Would you donate valuable or personal items to the HOF if you thought they were going to be put in storage?
  2. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

In the thread "Vandalia March 28, 2012" I read that the items in the HOF are going to be boxed up for storage.

To me it is about the history of our sport.

Valuable items could be donated and never be seen.
  3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why yes. I have taken a positive position on the HOF, and the integrity of those in charge of it.
  4. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

BigM

I am not in any way questioning the integrity of any employees of the HOF. I have been there and thought it was a great. The HOF staff always seemed proud you were there. I stopped 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, it isn't quite the same today.

I think you also believe the items were donated to be viewed, not hidden in a basement.

Would you donate items to be put in storage? Who will be in charge of the storage area in 2, 5, or 10 years?

I am concerned items that may have been slated to be donated for viewing will now be sold at auction and never seen again.

Regards
  5. Shawn

Shawn TS Member

Joe
    Have you talked to anyone at the HoF about your concerns? I am sure that since we all agree they are people of integrity they will give you an honest answer.

Let us know what they have to say.

Shawn
  6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

How big of a building would it take to house and display every single item that has ever been donated to the Hall Of Fame?

What would a building like that cost and how many square feet was the display area of the existing HOF?

FRedmon
  7. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Shawn,

My question is not with the HOF.

My question is for those that may have been planning to donate that may not donate since the items are to be boxed.

Shawn, do you know how many HOF staffers transferred? Or where would they transfer if the items are being boxed up for storage.

Regards
  8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Joe, go ask the same of the Smithsonian.....
  9. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

BigM

Did they close the Smithsonian?
  10. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Joe just keep stirring.

Don
  11. Fox32

Fox32 Member

Big Don, Your missing Joe's point entirely. What Joe is saying is that they need to hurry and move all the HOF articles to Sparta so it can be enjoyed at our homegrounds as it has in the past. Great point & GREAT idea Joe!!!! Let's all get behind Joe and get the HOF moved to our homegrounds ASAP!!!!
  12. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

The Hall of Fame is essentially a museum honoring the greats in our sport of trap shooting. Like all museums, items on display are curated and rotated in and out of displays at the curators direction, nothing new here, its common practice in every Hall of Fame and all museums, lots of stuff in the basement.

You guy's either don't get out of your zip codes much or don't pay attention to what goes on in the world you live in. If your looking for rats, look under your table not to the Hall of Fame.

And by the way why don't you make a monetary donation to help get the HOF up and running in its new location and get the stuff out of boxes, I did

Surfer
  13. nameisjoe

nameisjoe TS Member

Surfer,

Where is the new location?

Didn't the ATA turn down $100,000 and 5 acres of land for the HOF?

How much more money does the ATA need if they turned down 100 grand?
  14. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Active Member

nameisjoe:

I believe you are talking about land and money to put the HOF at the Cardinal Center. Land and money apparently declined by the ATA.

Although I didn't observe or hear of any animosity towards the ATA when I was at the CC, apparently there is a lot of it. Brad indicated that his Ohio shooters who hate the ATA is one of the three reasons he posts. And then there's your posts.

Given that, why on earth would anyone connected with the ATA ever consider putting anything ATA someplace where they are so hated? Or in a place where the state trapshooting association is apparently considering breaking away from the ATA and starting a new organization?

Bob
  15. running bear

running bear Member

Nameisjoe, What is your real name? Joe or Al what. Why don't you put your real name on with your ATA number? Are you a troll.

Buck Jones
  16. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

When are you folks going to realize that the Trapshooting Hall of Fame IS an entity all it's own. NOT in any way involved with the ATA membership. This organization was formed in 1969 to bring trap shooting history to the shooters. It was a group of people with a dream to keep the history out in front of the shooters...Jimmy Robinson, and Betty Ann Foxworthy come to mind as a couple of the original organizers.

The Trapshooting Hall of Fame is governed by a SEPERATE Board of Trustees not involved with the ATA....Go to the Trapshooting hall of Fame web site to view the Board of Trustees in charge.

Would I countinue to donate..YES !

Dave in SC
  17. running bear

running bear Member

Don't confuse nameisjoe with facts!

Buck
  18. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes TS Member

Ever wondered how much nameless Joe has contributed to our sport?
  19. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Active Member

shotgunpeople-

If your post was directed at me, I am well aware that the ATA itself does not govern or control and that it is separate. However, it is the Trapshooting HOF and that is why I said "connected with the ATA." If your post was not directed at me, please disregard this one.

Bob
  20. dead on 4

dead on 4 Well-Known Member

It only makes sense, to have the HOF either close to or on the Grand American grounds. The CC or any other Ohio trap range are regional not a national shooting venues; therefore do not have a national draw the Grand American home grounds provides to shooters throughout the nation and abroad.

And yes, I will continue my financial support ofthe HOF, Why wouldn't I

Surfer
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.