1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Donations Needed for College Shooting Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Jim Porter, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

On March 22 Mississippi State students will begin a trap league for the first time. The college will not subsidize any costs but will sanction the program. Starkville Gun Club will host and manage the evnts. We are a volunteer club and will make no money off this program other than a target fee. Because of college restrictions most shooters will not have guns on campus. We have received a grant that will provide a safe for range guns to be checked out and used by the kids only.

We need five used 1100, 11/87's or comparable autos with 28" barrels and screw in chokes. This will cover trap, skeet and five stand. Would you be willing help us?

We have a CPA on board that will issue a tax free certificate (we are a 501-c-3) to anyone who will donate a gun or money.

Any support would be appreciated and if interested send me a private e-mail and we will discuss it further.

2. THALL

THALL Member

Jim, post an address & to whom the check should be made payable to. Tim Hall

3. Jim Porter

Any one wishing to help please send checks to Jim Porter, 178 Sutphin Road, Mathiston Ms 39752 Make payable to Starkville Gun Club

Thanks so very much!
    Jim Porter
    #0310901 Life Member, Ata

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Jim, next year file a grant with the Friends of the NRA for ammo, targets, and other supplies. Well worth the effort! Free is good.

5. Jim Porter

We did. I have three grant proposals out and one has been approved. We will get $4,000 from the NSSA and that is tied directly to range approval. We will buy a safe and lights for one of our fields. The other two grants, one I feel pretty good about and one is a toss up, will be for unspecified spending. These will not be granted until later in the year. We will start shooting on Mar 22 and have a VERY limited fund pool to draw from. After we get started, we should be OK. I have range bags, ear and eye protection and targets covered. I need some ammo and a few range guns to be checked out by the shooters.

Thanks
    Jim

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

Strange, we were notified by the Friends of the NRA of our grant approval for our youth team in January. Did you go through the Friends of the NRA website?

http://www.nrafoundation.org/grants/statefund.asp

They help us out every year with ammo, targets, vests, pouches, etc.

It is too late to apply for this year, but get on it for next!

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Go to the NSSF for help in funding. They have done a great job with their CSSI program. Grants to help with targets, ammo, guns, et. They will fund the school program, not you and your club.

8. RFGA2

RFGA2 Member

Follow Bob Hawkes Advice. The Contact at the NSSF for College hooting is Zach Snow. Call 203-426 1320.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.