1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DONATION TO TS.COM MYRTLEWOOD BLANK

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Mr.M, Nov 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr.M

Mr.M Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

It's the Holiday Season again and time continue a four year tradition here at White Creek Gunstock Blanks. By my count this is the ninth time that we've offered a blank set (mostly Myrtlewood) for auction with all proceeds accruing directly to David and the maintenance of the TS.com website.

Myrtlewood #146 is another superb "Accordian Fiddleback" full-sized blank with a subtle birdseye burl patch behind the grip area and a dramatic dark streak that meanders through the entire length of the blank. The streak shows black in the pictures, but will show a deep green tint when carved and finished. Perfectly quarter-sawn and laid out, this blank measures 20+ inches long, 8 inches tall at the butt, 4 inches tall at the receiver and is a robust 2 1/2 inches wide and will be shipped with a closely matching forend blank. It is dry and ready to work.

IMG_1543.jpg

IMG_1547.jpg

Terms of the auction are simple. Opening bid for this set is $100.00 with minimum incremental bids of at least $10.00. The auction begins with the posting of this thread and ends at midnight Eastern Time Sunday, November 27, 2011. The last bid posted in this thread at or before midnight Sunday is the winner. The winner will send payment directly to David Van Elgort at TS.com and I'll pick up the shipping as soon as the payment is received.

Remember all the fun you've had at Trapshooters.com and bid high and bid often!!

I'll be at Redlands on Saturday and Sunday for their annual Thanksgiving Shoot. If anybody wants me to bring wood to show in person, let me know at the email above or by PM before I leave on Friday morning. I can bring Franquette English Walnut, Royal (Black) Walnut, Myrtlewood, Maple and Hawai'ian Koa.

Regards and Season's Greetings to all, Mike Mann

2. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

0   0   0

$125.00

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0

I bid $135...

Mike, did you ever make a new Myrtle stock for that little left hand Savage .22 mag that I sold you several years back?

Sportshot

4. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Jam, Thanks for getting things rolling.

Sport, Never did do anything with the factory original wood because the wife has never put the WMR down long enough for me to get to it. She has become the ground squirrel's worst nightmare. Thanks for your bid.

Gary, Thanks for your bid. Look on your front porch!!!!!!!! Package delivered this afternoon with Myrtle and Maple sticks that should be perfect for "Exhibition Barrel Guage Christmas Present" boxes. Let me know what you think. The "poundy-things" came out gorgeous. Thanks and Hi to my dancin' partner.

Mike

5. iab

iab Member

0   0   0

$260.00

6. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

what is the address and name if we wish to send a donation on our own?

Dave

7. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Dave,

Don't want to publish anyone's address on a public forum. Ask David directly at David@trapshooters.com. That should get it for you and thanks for the donation in advance.

Mike

8. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

0   0   0

I'll bid $175 for a good cause...

Dave E.

9. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

0   0   0

$275.00

Dave E.

10. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Gary, IAB and Juan,

Thanks for your bids. Great activity for early returns. I expect things to heat up a little as we move toward Sunday night.

Gary,

It occurs to me that the two maples would make a great "matched pair" of "Custom Exhibition Grade Barrel Reader Boxes". They're both from the same piece of wood. More coming.

Mike Mann

11. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Juan... currently has the bid at $275.00. I'm taking this blank with me to Redlands tomorrow so that interested folks can see it in person. Might generate some additional interest. I won't reveal how it would be priced because I don't want to appear to be selling. I will remind everybody that all proceeds will go directly to David for support of Trapshooters.com.

Good reason to bid high and bid often to support a good man and his efforts in keeping us informed and entertained. Remember that everything ends at midnight Sunday night Eastern Time.

Happy Thanksgiving to All,

Mike Mann

12. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt for Saturday.

13. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

ttt for Sunday. Closes at midnight eastern time.

14. iab

iab Member

0   0   0

up $280.00

15. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

IAB,

I've sent a PM and am posting this message here. I appreciate your $280.00 bid, but cannot accept it because the original auction rules were that bid increases must be at least $10.00. Juan..... had a $275.00 bid standing. If you want to increase your bid to at least $285.00, you'll be the current high bidder. If you want to delete your message, that'll also be fine. As it stands, Juan..... would be the high bidder if the auction closed now.

Respectfully submitted at 8:47 PM Eastern Time,

Mike Mann

16. Mr.M

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

Congratulations to Juantoomany!! $275.00 is the winning bid. Please contact David@trapshooters.com for the address to mail your payment. As soon as your payment is received, I will send the blank and a closely matching forend blank to the address you provide my by PM or at the email address above.

Again, thanks to everyone who participated for offering to support TS.com.

Mike Mann

17. Juantoomany

Juantoomany Member

0   0   0

Mike,

I paypal'd the money a couple of days ago...has the wood been ship'd?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.