1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don Palmer, California shooter, passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by blandgraf, Aug 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blandgraf

blandgraf Member

I received a telephone call this afternoon from Toni, Don's wife, informing me of Don's death on Wednesday, August 24th. I first chatted with Don on ICQ long time ago about trapshooting and trucking. My husband and I were involved in both at the time. A few years later when the Palmers made a trip home to the Midwest for Toni to visit relatives in Iowa, Don came to the Fall Handicap at Linn Creek, Missouri. We met him there face to face for the first time and shot several events with him and continued our friendship via emails and the internet and telephone calls.

After Don suffered his stroke, he continued to call and inquire about my shooting and interested in what my scores were. It was difficult for him to talk and often Toni would have to come on the line to visit with me as it was just too difficult for Don to continue.

Don loved Toni, his family, and trapshooting and trapshooting friends. Toni related to me that he got up on the 24th, fixed her a cup of coffee. She then laid back down for a little more sleep and when she awoke, Don was on the sofa and gone. He will be cremated on this Monday and a farewell service will be held September 10 at the Barstow Gun Club.

Rest in Peace, dear friend. I will forever cherish your friendship. Beccy Landgraf from Kansas

2. cunninmp

cunninmp Member

I am so sorry!

3. blandgraf

blandgraf Member

I omitted from the first posting that condolence messages can be left at meadmorturary.com
    Beccy Landgraf

4. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear this. My condolences to his family.

Hauxfan!

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Condolances to family and friends ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

I knew of Don prior to the inception of ts.com, but this site allowed for us to know each other better. We communicated both on and especially off site for many years.

Our sincerest condolences to all Don's family.

Devi & Martin

7. JRW

JRW Member

I was lucky to meet Don at Sage Hill in Reno. We talked to each other on T/S.com. My condolences to Toni and family and friends. Jerry in MI.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.