1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Don Imus. What are your Thoughts

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Bawana, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Things have gotten toughy as hell now adays. If we say anything to them or about them we will be in court as racist. If they say anything to us or about us they will not go to court as racists. I don't think thats right. If one gets punished then so should the other. What he said was not a nice thing to say but I don't think it crossed the line. Came close but not over. I don't watch or listen to him but I don't like or dislike him.

2. lumper

lumper TS Member

You sound like a racist or have racist tendencies about you in your commentary of this topic.

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

everyone, and especially someone in imus's position, should know what the sharpton's of the world are going to do with a statement like that.

a little common sense goes along way most of the time.

brett d.

4. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Don Imus put his foot in his mouth big time. I don’t think that his intent was to hurt anyone but what he said was wrong. He has apologized and will continue to apologize.

I would like to see all the various “commentators” follow the rule that the first stone should be cast by the one that is without sin.

It would be great if we could clean up all of the song lyrics in the various genres.

5. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Nothing racist about it. If you called them a Black such and such your in court as a racist. If they called you a white such and such you can't do a thing to them. To me thats wrong. Treat both sides the same or do nothing for or to both sides.

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

I stand by my comment and as most racily biased people do they defend themselves for what they say.

7. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

As I think about it the NBA is trying to inforce a dress code to its players. Coat and ties. No tattoo's will be in sight. No load music. You as a member of the NBA will clean your act and look like a professional and not like a street thug. Are the peolpe who are running the NBA racist? I say no. They just want their players to look good as players of the NBA.

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Joking around negros isn't allowed. Imus made a big mistake when he appologized for a joke and an even bigger one when he groveled to Al "the racial baiter" Sharpton.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Imus is self destructing by his actions. He talked the talk but now when it's his turn to combat a difficult situation; he caves in. What he said was not right. OK. Apologize, take your punishment and move on. To immediately go on the Rev. Sharptons radio show was a stupid mistake. He is a fool if he thinks he will get any forgiveness from Sharpton, Jackson, the NAACP, etc.. Jackson, Sharpton and the NAACP give true meaning to the word "racism". They are repugnant racist fools. My opinion. Ed

10. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

I'm inclinded to follow the lead of Rev. Jackson in his moral outrage at these racist comments and insults.

A married reverend that fathers an out of wedlock child with his girlfriend and refers to NYC as "heimie town" clearly holds the moral high ground and has the moral authority to be ripping on Imus' indiscretion.

11. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Any damage that might have been done by what Imus said was in the way others interpreted what he said, not in the words he chose. Now they should let the entire Rutgers women's basketball team line up opposite Imus and each one gets a chance to hurl a racially biased remark at him. They can "cracker" and "honky" him into submission and they will then have done the same thing to him that he did to them.

Mike

12. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Good idea Mac...only problem is the team as a whole couldn't put a simple sentence together!

The NBA and college basketball programs are living proof that money can't turn a sow's ear into a silk purse!!

besides....who the hell cares about Imus anyway?

Curt - Delaware

13. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Anoymous and Esoxhunter you both are so right. He should have said OK I said the wrong thing and I appologize for it. That all he should have done. He I agree should not have gone on to Sharptons radio or go to the school to say he appologize either. He said it once let it go.

Lets all now go after Jesse jackson for what he said about NYer's. On the Today Show Jesse Jackson was asked "What do you think of what you said about NYer's. You said that NY is full of (Jewish racist wording). He dances around it till he got away from it. He now should be punished for what he said. But that proves my point, The blacks can say anything but will not go to court but if a white said the samething we are labled racist. Again thats not right.

14. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Can anyone tell us what a CRACKER is and what a HONKY is and where the word came from? They are not in the slang dictionary.

15. DJM

DJM Member

Virtually all humor is offensive to some people. Is it then OK to be offensive to people who are ugly, stupid, fat, religious, blond, bald, druggies and a hundred other characteristics?

16. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

What Imus said, wasn't any worse than what you can watch and hear on MTV, HBO,and the Comedy Channel(Dave Chappelle Show).

Sharpton is a "Race- Baiter", and it's the only way he and Jackson, can make money. It's time for them to clean up their own home.

Respect is not given....it's earned.

17. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Mercury,

You're looking in the wrong place. Try the Urban Dictionary instead. Everything you want to know is here.

<I>Warning !!</I> This web site contains definitions supplied by readers and the langauge is sometimes less than "politically correct".

Mike

18. Butterfingers

Butterfingers TS Member

We in the South have have had this reaction from the black leaders for 50 years.
    It is refreshing to see a white liberal enjoy the same fruits.

19. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

MAC V thanks. I have no idea where cracker came from but had an idea where honky came from. Both were interesting. Thanks.

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ok ...not to get off topic here but would 7/8oz of #7.5 shot be better than 15/16oz of #8 shot? Would you load that in front of 2oz of powder or 2.5 oz of powder for a better bang and breaking of the target?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.