1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dollar Plung & Ammo costs

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mrskeet410, Mar 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

The dollar is plunging and I think that will give rise to increasing ammo cost, especially with Estates and Gun Clubs.

In my opinion, and Estates and Gun Clubs were developed, and priced, to compete against the tide of cheap imported ammo we had just a few years ago. And to some extent to meet the demands of the big box oligopsonies. Sure, Remington/Federal did not reap the same margins enjoyed by their Gold Medals and STS, but they kept market share and made some money on them. Maintaining market share is important; and it kept those preferring USA, and maroon, and green shooting those.

But what happened to those imports? They're for the most part gone, due largely to the lowered foreign purchasing power of the the dollar. And with the loss of that price competitor, Gun Clubs and Top Guns have gone up in price.

The dollar plunged last week. I suspect it will continue. And what will happen to the price of Gun Clubs and Estates? If we are lucky, they will go up.

Lucky???? Yes. If we are unlucky, they will disappear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.