1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Dogs Welcome"

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by short shucker, Feb 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Neat story about two nice people ... the dog owner and the innkeeper!

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view¤t=dog1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

"Dogs Welcome "
    A man wrote a letter to a small hotel in a Midwest town he planned to visit on his vacation.
    He wrote: I would very much like to bring my dog with me .
    He is well-groomed and very well behaved. Would you be willing to permit me to keep him in my room with me at night?"

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view¤t=dog2.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

An immediate reply came from the hotel owner, who wrote:
    SIR: "I've been operating this hotel for many years. In all that time , I've never had a dog steal towels, bedclothes, silverware or pictures off the walls. I've never had to evict a dog in the middle of the night for being drunk and disorderly. And I've never had a dog run out on a hotel bill. Yes, indeed, your dog is welcome at my hotel..

<a href="http://s299.photobucket.com/albums/mm301/ecshooter/?action=view¤t=dog3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

And, if your dog will vouch for you, you're welcome to stay here, too."

ss

2. Trap4

Trap4 Member

Wow --one of the best threads on here that I have seen.

Trap-4

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

That is a good one Shucker. Thanks, Bob

4. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I like the not disposable picture. I am shocked at the way people abandon their animals because that's what's convenient.

5. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I just love dogs! Not only mine, but other people's too !!!.....Uncle Sam, Pa.

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Allowing dogs to stay in the room is good business for motel owners, especially in areas that have good bird hunting. The reply from the hotel owner above pretty much sums it up about which guests are better behaved.

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Great thread thanks for posting. Dogs are truly man's best friend. Doesn't matter what time you get home their always glad to see you. All they want is fresh water, food and affection!

8. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

I have never had a problem with taking dogs to motel rooms. That is a good and funny explanation the inn keeper had in telling the guy to bring his dog to the motel though. How many times have you spent the night in a motel and listened to a loud party going on all night? How many have heard fights go on and seen the police show up to stop the action? I want to sleep in my own camper because of that sort of interruption in the night. We can only speculate as to the crap the motel inn keepers have to put up with. Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.