1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs are smarter than Cats

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Bruce Specht, Jan 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Poor Tron and Kitty, Oxford Univeristy has completed a study and the end result; dogs are indeed smarter than Cats. In short the study states that the independence of cats versus the pack relationships of other species ( in this study dogs) helps the dogs intellect. For more information and to read the entire article visit <www.americanhunter.org> click on blogs and click on shotguns, dogs and other vices. Scroll down to the blog on Dogs versus Cats. This should answer the question why no Cat hunting breeds

2. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Judging by the state of the dogs and cats referred to on this site...they are all smarter than us!

Bob

3. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

How smart is a dog that keeps chasing his tail? How smart is the cat basking in the sun watching the dog chase his tail? Never saw a cat hump a tree either.

4. squirrelkiller

squirrelkiller TS Member

I have both cats and dogs so I'm not taking sides, BUT, I see more dead cats on the road than dogs. Vision or ignorance, I don't know. Of course, people will wreck a $25,000 vehicle, or kill themselves in the accident to avoid a dog. Apparently, cats don't seem to get that compassion.

Rod

5. chipking

chipking TS Member

So based on this study the gang members of LA (ultimate pack mentality) are smarter than the fellow who always thinks for himself in making decisions. OH Wait I understand now this was "done" by Oxford University that pillar of truth in education. WHAT A CROCK Based on personal observation there are some very smart dogs and some very smart cats and some very dumb dogs and some very dumb cats (kinda like humans). I have one cat now who chases his tail more than any dog I ever had.

--- Chip King ---

6. ivanhoe

ivanhoe Well-Known Member

Cats are dumb...........................................Like a fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob Lawless

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

If cats are so smart, why don't we have:

Leader cats for blind people?

Australian Sheep cats?

"Dock Cats" on ESPN?

St.Bernard Cats on the ski slopes?

8. ivanhoe

Easy they let those dumb dogs it. After all why work when someone else will do it. Kind of like the people on welfare they have all the toys that the working man has and they don't work to get it..........As I said dumb like a fox.

If dogs are so smart why do they work so hard to get so little?? They hunt and keep watch. Also some of the other dog jobs that require lots of work. While the cat lies around the house doing nothing except sleep and eat. Some people think they are dumb I say think about a little.

Bob Lawless

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Dogs do tricks and things to please their Master, Cats on the other hand do things to please themself ... I have a cat that does dog tricks if he wants to which is not very often ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Kitty is pretty upset about this thread and wanted me to tell you that the last dog that we had (Pug) would eat its own feces on a regular basis and it was a typical dog....brilliant.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v712/Tronspace/?action=view&current=100_1737-1.jpg" target="_blank"> 100_1737-1.jpg </a>

11. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Neither is as smart as a guinea hen. HMB

12. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

What if a dog has a really stupid owner, does that bring down thr dogs intellect? Bulge.

13. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

To: Bob Lawless,

If being hard working and willing and able to please those we care for are indications of lack of intellect...we are in deep doodoo. I find it disturbing that we live in a society that rewards laziness and stupidity, and if cats exemplify that and you think its a sign of intellect...

Bob Schultz

Here kitty, kitty.....

bobschultz_2008_030344.jpg

14. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

That dog just doesn't look right man.

15. Sam Ogle

Sam Ogle Member

Bob;
    Do you know what a 50 pound canary says?
    (Deep Voice) Heeere Kitty Kitty.

Sam Ogle, Lincoln, NE

16. ivanhoe

"I find it disturbing that we live in a society that rewards laziness and stupidity, and if cats exemplify that and you think its a sign of intellect..."

Bob Schultz you are taking things out of context you are seeing it from the humans point of view. Cats and dogs know nothing of how humans think and what traits they admire. They just see what works for them. If you are basing intelligence on your values you will need to find a way to communicate your values to your animals.

Most working dogs are of little value without a human to put them through their paces. Yet a cat can manage to get what ever it desires done on their own. If you don't feed them they will eat on there own unless they are house cats and can't get out.

I have dogs and cats if I wish to go away for a weekend I can load up the cat feeder and go but I have to either put the dog in a kennel or take him with me. Sounds pretty good for an animal that is so stupid. Don't you think????

Bob Lawless

17. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I like cats,------------- they taste like chicken.

Gne J

18. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Dear Bruce,

If the "independent" nature of an animal species produces less intellegence than a "pack" natured animal species, then how come I have 19 indoor cats and each is dumb as a box of rocks!? Should I get more to produce the desired effect (intellegence)? We had 38 at one time and the intellegence level was about the same...

off to change the cat boxes again,

miltie

19. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

AUTO my cat said no way are dogs smarther. They chase there own tail.

20. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

I think dogs are smarter than cats, too. But, just like we humans, they tend to like to eat things they shouldn't.

My cocker and golden retriever just loved cat food - especially if it had been through the cat at least once.

Mmmm...kitty canapes!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.