1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

### DOGS and RAISINS / WARNING !!!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by g7777777, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks didnt know that- and I have raisins and hunting dogs

regards from Iowa

Gene

2. 1oz

1oz Member

thank for the info, my pets love fruit i'm stopping the grapes

3. C H S

C H S TS Member

Also onions, garlic and walnut husks (black or English) that fall out of walnut trees and macadamia and Brazil nuts

Andy

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

i thought raisins were made from dead fly's. lol

5. tom-n8ies

tom-n8ies Member

More stuff that is toxic to dogs here:

http://www.vetinfo4dogs.com/dtoxin.html

tom

6. JLW

JLW TS Member

prince_of_darkness:bad choice of words. You are smart enough to know the difference?-Jerald

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Try chocolate on the pit bull. If that don't work ground glass in hamburger is the sure thing. Damn cruel, though. a bullet is better.

HM

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Oh, that reminds me:

When my first golden was a pup she accidentally got in the garage and wolfed down some D-Con. I called the vet, and he told me to give her peroxide in milk.

Boy did the D-Con ever come out Quick. Much faster than a trip to the vet and a stomach pump.

within seconds the belly starts to wiggle and the dog immediately barfs out the contents.

hope this helps someone someday.

HM

9. C H S

C H S TS Member

From this web site:

Hydrogen Peroxide

"Three percent hydrogen peroxide (not hair coloring strength peroxide) is quite effective in making dogs and cats vomit. You must be sure to use three percent peroxide. Despite the label indicating that hydrogen peroxide is toxic, it is safe to give to dogs for this purpose. It is considered toxic since it induces vomiting and therefore does not stay in the body.

The appropriate dose of hydrogen peroxide is one teaspoon per 10 pounds of body weight. If you have an oral syringe, one teaspoon equals 5 cc or 5 ml. Once given, walk your dog around or gently shake the stomach area to mix the peroxide with the stomach contents. Vomiting should occur within 15 to 20 minutes. If no vomiting occurs, you can safely repeat the three percent hydrogen peroxide once. If it is still not effective, your dog may need to be seen by a veterinarian for stronger vomiting medication.

Once the hydrogen peroxide is given, it is important to watch your pet so that he does not re-ingest the substance. If there is concern about toxicity, collect and take a sample of the vomitus to your veterinarian."

I didn't have to use a syringe. My 80 pound Golden Retriever lapped up 3 tablespoons right out of a bowl like it was ice cream. 3 minutes later he barfed up the plastic bag he ate.

Andy

10. ricks1

ricks1 TS Member

FlaLagarto thanks do you see what i mean of all the SOBs that show up with nothing but BS its no wonder that we need mexicans to work here ricks

11. trappermike

trappermike Well-Known Member

How many to kill an obnoxious weiner dog? Wolud chocolate covered raisins work better or faster?/

Kidding :)

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.