1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs and colds????

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by ntgr8, Jun 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntgr8

ntgr8 Member

Can dogs catch a cold?? My 3yr old Springer is very listless and sneezing alot, she just doesn't feel good. Any treatment for a dog cold??

2. H82MIS

H82MIS TS Member

quit guessing,,get that dog to the vet,,,,please,,,

3. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Sounds like symptoms of distemper - see your vet!

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I thought this was a thread about Hot dogs and cold beer.....

5. wayneo

wayneo Active Member

Dogs can and do get colds. They can also get allergic reactions to many of our human concoctions, like cleaning stuff, fabric softeners, furniture polish, etc. One of the worst for pets and humans, is fabric softeners, have you changed brands lately?

Wayne

6. loop02

loop02 Member

Your horse can catch a cold from you, I don't know about dogs

7. ddsflyer

ddsflyer TS Member

The human rhinovirus does not affect dogs.

8. emm2

emm2 Member

My dog has allergies and sneezes a lot. Benadryl seems to help.

9. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I don't think they get colds but they do get sick. What you want to watch out for is fluid in their lungs, put your ear up to his rib cage and listen to him breath, if it doesn't sound clear or you hear a gurgling noise, get him to a vet .... he probalby has a respiratory infection.

10. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

Allergies(most likely).................Go see a Vet................They will give her Benadryl or some other antihistamine if that is the case.My old Lab had Hayfever something bad,but that was a little later in the year(around August)......................Good Luck

D.P.Reynolds

11. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

Dogs get nose and sinus infections with cold like symptons...sneezing, mucus, watery discharge...and when they sneeze, it gets everywhere. Fun too watch though.

Many meds that work on us humans work on them too.

12. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

For the sake of the dog stop trying to be a vet and take the dog to a vet. Alot of dogs have died because the owner thought he knew more then the vet.

13. Gary Waalkes

Gary Waalkes Well-Known Member

If your wife or girlfriend or brother or sister or child or other loved one was sick, would you log onto TS.com looking for a cheap cure or would you take them to the doctor?

14. maka

maka Member

From young on my father and I have owned registered field Beagles. A vet who also had same, told me that dogs have very similar systems as humans. They get many illnesses humans get. He said thats why so many dogs are used in researching human desieses.

15. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

My daughter just got a dog from an alleged rescue place and he was suffering from "Kennel Cough" according to the place. The illness was checked by a Vet at her home town and the Vet described it as simply "Bronchitis" and caused lethargy and coughing especially when exercised or excited. It was promptly cured with medication.......breakemall.....Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.