1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dogs 4 - Humans0

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BIGDON, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Bad week in Michigan for Humans. 1.Rot. takes 4 month old out of her car seat and kills her. 2. Pit attacks 4yr old, child in intensive care, child was in his own yard. 3. Four american bulldogs get out and kill 91 yr. old man in his own yard. Same dogs then kill 52 woman who was walking in roadway nearby.

The dogs will be put down and I would hope the owners see jail time, because you can't put them down.

By the way the goody two shoes woman who owned the bull dogs "just couldn't believe they would do it". She also owned several other dogs.

How many times do the same breeds get a free pass to continue to maul and kill?

Don

2. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Rednecks and dogs.

Ban them all.

The rednecks will be along soon to say, "don't blame the dogs"...but again, that's why they call them - rednecks.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

The biggest problem with dogs, is people! Animals are a huge responcibility that a lot of owners don't take in account when getting one.

I have been around livestock and dogs most of my life. I can almost tell who's dogs I'll have trouble with. Unfortunatly, I've had to kill a few dogs that were getting after my livestock. I found no pleasure in this as it wasn't the dogs fault.I even had to shoot one in front of it's owner. I warned him several times that if his dog started chasing the sheep that I would put an end to it. He wouldn't even bury his own dog! I had to do it!

He then proceeded to call the sherriff. When the sherriff arrived, I had just finished burying the dog. When I told him what had happend and that the owner had been warned on more than one occasion to keep the dog on his side of the fence. The sherriff said that I was in the right and then he promptly went next door and cited the owner with animal neglect!

ec90t

4. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Buzz I think you have Redneck and Liberals confused!!! Most of the Rednecks I know will put a mean dog down BEFORE it hurts someone. I know this self proclaimed Redneck who, after his dog nipped at this Grandson twice, planted him in the front yard. (The dog not the Grandson) There is no need for mean dogs or the people who make them that way. Anyone who mistreats any animal should be jailed! Jake

5. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

Well, OK, hey......I guess as long the owner displays proper redneck etiquette by gettin' out the H&R Topper and finishing the dog afterwards...then what the dog done in the FIRST PLACE don't matter!

News Flash - if you ever had to put your family dog down, because he done somethin' he shouldn'a done...you just might be a red-neck.

Yep. Redneck parade, comin' up.

6. XTFreak

XTFreak TS Member

It would be nice if there was a "stupidity test" for dog owners, gun owners, voters .. everything.

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

It is a combination of dog and owner. There are some dog breeds, pitbulls particularly, that have inate aggressive, fighting tendancies just like retrievers like to fetch and pointers like to hunt. These breeds also have the size to inflict serious injuries quickly and these dogs in packs are particularly dangerous. If you couple these tendancies and abilities with irresponsible ownership, you end up with a dangerous combination. Unfortunately, many of the people who own these breeds do so because of they are attracted to the aggressive/dangerous aspects of these dogs.

Because it is the same breeds that repeatedly end up in the headlines, I see no problem in requiring owners of these breeds to demonstrate that they have the facilities and experience to own them and that they be required to accompany the dog through formal behavior training.

8. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

dust4fun
    "p.s. I am a liberal and an easterner and proud of it."
    I'm extremely curious, what do you have to be proud of? RG

9. Old Ranger

Old Ranger Member

If T-Rex's and Velocirapters weren't extinct, there would be a group of human morons that would try to keep them as pets. Then there would be a second group of human morons that would defend the first groups' right to own large carnivorous creatures.

Common sense tells you that it is not safe to keep critters that are higher on the food chain than you.

Ranger

10. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Bigdon the moron, you need to go to the prison's and see whats on death row. By what you said in the opening post you are saying that those breeds should be gotten rid of. Well then what about humans? We kill each other every day. Should we be killed off? The dogs are like kids. Its all in how you are raised. I just got back from a trip and had to deal with a number of brats. I did not want to smack the kid or kids but the parents. Its the same with dog owners. The dog is doing what he has been taught to do or forced to do. I have met some very nice Rottweil's and Pit's that all they wanted to do was have their tummy rubbed and for you to throw a ball. And yes I have seen those that you did not want to get near. Those were only a small number. All breeds can be turned into a mean dog. Does that mean we need to get rid of all dogs?

11. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

I was once mauled by a weeny dog.....

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

"Bad week in Michigan for Humans. 1.Rot. takes 4 month old out of her car seat and kills her. 2. Pit attacks 4yr old, child in intensive care, child was in his own yard. 3. Four american bulldogs get out and kill 91 yr. old man in his own yard. Same dogs then kill 52 woman who was walking in roadway nearby."

What were the 52 woman walking in the street for ... uh ... oh ... were they street walkers?

13. bullytou

bullytou TS Member

Were they pitbulls or bulldogs...they're 2 different breeds. I've owned them both.

14. lumper

lumper TS Member

BullyTou ... did you read the original post at all?

It says in attack #1 it was a rotweiler and it says that in attack #2 it was a pitbull and it says attacks #3/4 were american bulldogs ... that brings up another interesting question. How exactly do they know whether they were American or not? Did they check there immigration status?

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Part of the problem is that TOO MANY people let their dogs get away with aggressive behavior just like the do with their own kids. I have grown up around German Shepherds and aggressiveness was NOT TOLERATED!! I never feared any of them. There are shepherds that I will not turn my back on because I don't know how their manners are.

Bad behavior cannot be tolerated; in dogs or humans. There can be only Bigdog in the pack and in mine I am it. :D

16. bullytou

bullytou TS Member

Lumper
    The reason I asked is because if you search the news services, It says pitbull on all but one on the ones that I was able to bring up.

There is also a difference in breed from the American bulldog as opposed to the English Bulldog.

17. lumper

lumper TS Member

and the original post still says #1 was a Rotty, #2 was a Pit and #3/4 was American Bulldogs ... are you still wearing your shooting instead of your reading glasses?

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

DUST4FUN;Are you related to Gargle because you are just as dumb. Comparing guns to dogs shows no sigh of intelligence. Have you ever seen a 45 break it's chain and go shoot somebody. How many 12 gauges have dug under their fences and roamed the neighborhood only to randomly shoot some little kid. A gun cannot act on it's own, it takes an idiot to pull the trigger.

Jerry; If it means the breed has to go to save the lives of innocent little kids and elderly citizens, then yes they have to go. You have to prove you are worthy to carry a hand gun in this state and to buy any gun go through Fed. Check, unless a private deal. But any gang banging idiot or just plain idiot can own one these breeds and be totally irresponsible about.

I think we should send then all to Gargles and he can play with them or vice versa.

I didn't mean to restart the debate, just to let you know the score. It's going up every day.

To all the goody two shoes I hope it is you that is caught in your yard or on your walk the next time by one of these wonderful breeds.

Lumper I wouldn't expect anything but a stupid comment out of you. The woman was 52 years of age and laid in the ditch for 2 hours alive before they found her and she died on her way to the hospital. Why don't you explain to her husband, kids and grandkids what a wonderful breed they are.

Don

19. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

"Lumper I wouldn't expect anything but a stupid comment out of you." Well stated Don, and I concur. RG

20. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know ... its not the breed of the dog but how the dog is trained to be that is the problem Don. BTW ... it reads that way because of your poor typing skills. Kind of funny how you so much like to attack/correct others and you cant even get the wording right to reflect a 52 year old woman walking in the street instead of 52 women walking in the street.