1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

???? DOG TICKS ????

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by cubancigar2000, Jul 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Sometimes these old recipes work very well. Grandpa always treated the barn area with that exact recipe

2. Bruce Em

Bruce Em Member

Chickens.

Our club added a chicken coop. You've heard of free range chickens, well these are rifle range chickens. And why are they there?

To eat the ticks; and boy do they ever!

We used to step into the brush for some relief and we'd come out with "pepper" crawling on our pants.

Now you step into the brush and it clucks back at you.

cant always have chickens in the yard tho...

3. BMC

BMC Member

I agree with the chickens. When I moved into my current house and spring came, man I couldn't believe all the ticks. They were crawling out of everywhere. It was borderline spooky. Once I got some old english bantams and let them free range, the ticks were gone in one summer. That was almost 7 years ago and I haven't seen a tick since. I don't even have to treat the dogs for any kind of external pest.
    I do agree with the possibility of garlic oil. I take quite a bit of garlic daily and the skeeters don't bother me, but other standing nearby will get bothered quite a bit, so there might be something to garlic.

4. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Guinea fowl!

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

My grandfather, the rancher/farmer said "always have a couple of ducks around, and your yard will be free of ALL bugs."

6. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

If there are ticks around be careful. They transmit many diseases, some of which are fatal to humans if left untreated. Many states have banned all of the effective chemicals, or reduced their stength so they are ineffective. Next time you are in the store read the label on a 40 lb bag of bug killer, 99.5% inert ingredients. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.