1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dog sitter needed for MN state shoot

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Ertz, Jun 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ertz

Ertz Member

The wife needs someone to watch her baby while we shoot at the Minnesota state shoot. The job description is simple. Hold her beloved dog's leash and stand behind us while we shoot. Duke is a six year old 1/2 Black lab and 1/2 German shorthair pointer. Very mellow. The schedule would be:

Thursday afternoon doubles

Friday afternoon doubles

Saturday singles (both 100's)

Sunday handicap

The pay is negotiable, but we were thinking $10 for each 100. If you have any kids who are bored during the state shoot, this would be a good way to occupy their time and make a little money. Email me at the address above. Thanks.

2. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ertz
    :

Maybe you need to post the email address then.

Fog

3. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I would do it.....if I were going to be there!

Forrest

4. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

ertz

I sent an email to a friend and im sure they will be there and has 3 kids and they are dog lovers especially Lab types because they have a few, I sent them an email they are from that state also.

Anyway if I get a reply then if you have your email address posted then I will get it to them or send me an email either because I doubt if they look at this trap site to often.

Foggy

5. Ertz

Ertz Member

Thanks to all you for your input. John, are you going to report me to the IRS? I can't belive it Denny, but the wife said she would rather shoot than spend time with you. What is up with that?

6. lumper

lumper TS Member

Ya know at one of the local clubs I shoot at one of the shooters always has his dog with him. The dog gets his wrapped to a pole and the pooch lays there contently while its master shoots. The dog never rises but will intently look around and wag its tail while mostly watching its master shoot. It is a very friendly pooch who always loves a nice pat or two but never rises until its master returns from the round of skeet or trap.

If your dog is properly trained like this one why pay anyone anything at all or is your pooch a possible unruly dog who would need a firm grip on the leash to keep it under control?

7. Ertz

Ertz Member

Simple answer; because the boss said so lumper.

8. OldMnGopher

OldMnGopher TS Member

My grand kids will probably do it. Bob Munson

9. lumper

lumper TS Member

If the boss is that way you might want to offer even a little more along with some sort of benefits just to prevent her from telling you that it is now your job while at the MN state shoot.

10. nothin but dust

nothin but dust TS Member

i would love to do it.....Just shoot me an email i will catch up with you at the shoot

11. Ertz

Ertz Member

Check with your Grandkids Bob and "shoot" me an email if they are interested. They won't taunt me when I shoot a 92 will they Bob? Remember the Ertz mantra; you don't have to be good to have fun.

12. lumper

lumper TS Member

I would say that at least a meal should be provided ... either a potted meat sandwich or possibly a can of sardines and a couple of crackers.

There must also be some form of sun covering provided, preferably with an air conditioner of some sort.

I would also negotiate some form of entertainment for the pooch such as The Animal Channel on a satellite television (or at least that is what you tell the owners and then you can watch whatever you want)

13. Luelife

Luelife TS Member

ertz = email is on the way.

14. Ertz

Ertz Member

Funny you would mention the animal planet. My wife leaves the TV on for the dog when she leaves for work and of course she leaves in on the Animal planet. I thought about putting my foot down and telling it is either the dog or me, but I am not sure which one she would choose. I think that one is best left alone.

If things don't work with Bob and Annie, I will email you Latroy. BTW, how is your ERA this year.

15. Ertz

Ertz Member

Looks like things are taken care of. Thanks to everyone.
    Ertz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.