1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Kennel Ideas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by high 2, Jan 24, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. high 2

high 2 Member

I`m getting ready to build a new kennel for my 2 GSP`s. I have a design in mind, but always open to new ideas. I want the concrete pad to have a drain for washing out. It will have to go into some sort of small septic tank(in town). Anybody have any thoughts. Larry

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

55 gallon plastic barrel- have two of them- put a sanitary T inside the barrels and then have a 10 or 20 drain tile running out of the second one== include cleanout pipes in the top also- and bury below freeze line standing upright if you can- sanitary T works that way year around

will last forever but not a bad idea to have the cleanout pipes

Gene

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I went to the local building materials store and got a plastic housing for a sump punp. I then drilled 3/4 inch holes all over that sucker and buried it.

With the cover in place I just put the stuff in through the slot for the pipe.

after a yearI put some lime in it. After the second year I took a shovel and emptied it. the bottom half was good dirt, full of red worms. I put the top half back in and limed it, good for another couple years. this was for a 90 lb dog.

You can do the same with a larger plastic barrel if you have 2 dogs. I would manually fill the drum, and hose down the area separately.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.