1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dog Braker's Work

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Old Texas Marine, Nov 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Dog Braker

Below are a couple of snaps of my Mono Gun that Doug Braker did his magic on for me. I couldn't be more pleased with the work, the timeliness of delivery and overall ease of dealings.

HBT

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. len loma

len loma TS Member

Doug plated my 682x 3 years ago and it still looks perfect. Excellent work!!
    regards,
    Len

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

barrel too?

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Very nice shootin' iron! I could see where a man would be mighty proud to walk up to the line with that in their hands.

ss

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

TL. likely the bbl is "black Teflon". The receiver could be "silver Teflon" or nickel. Looks like Doug did a couple of items (trigger-push button-trigger pin) in gold nitride.

But I agree the work that come out of his shop is top flyte

6. Cooter

Cooter Member

Can you give us the particulers on the guy who did the work[phone,price,etc]?

7. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Thanks for the comments. Doug (his plating contractor) nickel plated the receiver and fore end iron. Doug had the trigger, release button (inertia lock), trigger housing retainer pin and the fore end latch release button with plated with titanium nitride (TiN gold).

I postponed having the barrel blued or teflon coated just yet as my major issue was receiver bluing wear. This is a 1976 model gun and it had some bluing wear and freckles on the bottom of the receiver and fore end iron. I had fired another 8K rounds since I bought it and I could tell how much bluing I had worn from the trigger and the area just above the trigger, so I wanted something with better wear properties. The bling was a bonus.

HBT

8. Cooter

Cooter Member

Does Doug have a buisnes or does he do this as a hobby?If he has a buisnes does he have a phone #?If I'm not to nosey ,could you give me a ball park price on the work you had done.

9. StonewallRacing

StonewallRacing Well-Known Member

Doug is one of the best anywhere! He did a Model 12 for me 20 years ago. I still get comments on it.

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/index.cfm/pageid/1

He might not like being called "Dog" LoL!!!

10. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Cooter,

Go to:

http://dougsgunsmithshop.com/

He lists his services and prices on line. Obviously, he does good work, but also, amazingly for a gunsmith, the work was done in EXACTLY the time period he stated. None of that, "It should be done by next month," crap I get from most.

I really missed my Ljutic whilst it was gone, but it returned just as promised timewise and I am certainly pleased with the results. Unfortunately, I don't seem to shoot any better with it????!!!

HBT

11. Cooter

Cooter Member

Thanks for the info OT Marine,I'll give him a call.

12. JACK

Stonewall. Taht is hilarious. And I have no idea why he misspelled "Barker"...
    Do you?

13. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

My gun may be headed his way soon. AJ

14. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Dog does good work for what I've seen of it. I have a question, does anyone know if he does the nickel and other plating in his shop or jobs it out to a plating shop?

15. JACK

He sends it out

16. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

It only took 17 posts for me to notice I left the U out of Doug's name in the Thread Title.

Mea culpa and apologies to Doug.

HBT

17. sliverbulletexpress

I thought you were talking about Dog Braker, Dougs cousin who is a gunsmith and part time bounty hunter.

18. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

It only took 17 posts for me to notice I left the U out of Doug's name in the Thread Title.

Mea culpa and apologies to Doug.

HBT

19. sliverbulletexpress

I thought you were talking about Dog Braker, Dougs cousin who is a gunsmith and part time bounty hunter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.