1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

dog and Cardinal Center

Discussion in 'Shoot Information, EVENTS, Clinics & Results' started by Ms Trapshooter, Feb 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ms Trapshooter

Ms Trapshooter Member

I plan to attend a major shoot at the Cardinal Center for the first time this summer. I plan to bring my 1 year old Golden Retriever. I have a hotel room but will need to bring my dog to the center during the day while I shoot. My problem is that as I look at the campground on Google Earth, I can't find what looks like a shady spot to park that is not part of a campsite. Is there anyone out there who has a campsite in a shady area that would be willing to let me park my car at your campsite so that I can leave the dog in the car (with windows open of course) while I shoot? I would appreciate any suggestions or offerings. I will take the dog with me on a rented golf cart if necessary, but that won't offer shade if it is hot.

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Most of the campground is shaded.

3. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Leaving your dog in the car, in our summer, even with the windows down is a bad, bad idea. A good portion of the camping area is in the gravel along the edge of the parking lots - the shady sites require a number of years on a waiting list. If you want to crate him and leave him while you shoot, I have spot he'd be comfortable in, but it would have to be in a crate, not tied to the rv or a post, etc. PM if you'd like to discuss.

Rich

4. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Trapshooter........You are welcome to come to our site....107....100percent shade and plenty of room to park. It doesnt matter which shoot you choose I am there for all three shoots. It is also a 1 minute walk from the lake which your retreiver may like!! There are lots of other doggies at the shoot. And..the folks around us LOVE doggies and have some also. Hope this helps out....feel free to PM me if you want to but we will be happy to help out..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.