1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

does your walmart sell guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by mixer, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Around Ft. Lauderdale they all do.

Eric

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

There are 4 stores in close proximity to where I live and all of them sell guns, Rifles, and ammo, of course this is Arizona and guns are a common thing around here ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

No. None of the Wal-Marts I've been to in CT are selling guns. Some, sell a lot of ammo, however, including Remington Premier STS loads usually at the same price I can buy them at clubs, or cheaper if ordering for delivery.

I don't believe it's a political "anti-gun" stance. I believe it's a business decision. Most gun buyers in my area can't find what they need at Wal-Mart and the clerks are not knowledgeable enough to assist a customer in ordering.

The guns that Wal-Mart did have in CT stores up until about a year ago included really low end field gun and 20 guage versions of guns like Remington 870s in it's least expensive class, H&R Toppers, things like that. What few people there are in CT interested in guns are jamming the parking lots of the State's three major gun stores: Hoffman's in Newington; Forest & Field in Norwalk and Ron's Guns in Old Lyme. Hoffman's is probably the #1 gun store in CT and they sell at a discount off the bat.

The other Wal-Mart competition is Dick's Sporting goods which has three locations triangulated within 45 minutes of each other on the I-95 Corridor, and Meriden - toward the center of the State - inside shopping malls. These stores have a back wall FILLED with guns ranging from custom turkey, deer, and field models in a variety of finishes and stock configurations. Aisles of shelves openly display Win AA and Remington Premier STS loads along with every version of slug, buckshot, waterfowl and turkey shotshell loadings imaginable.

Dick's is also the best game in town for .38 SPL, 9mm, .40 & .45 ACP pistol ammo on sale. Usually REM/UMC. Dick's has become what Sports Authority was a decade ago - minus the handguns.

Wal-Mart's business model doesn't compete well in this area.

4. kehrby

kehrby Active Member

Conspiracy Theory....Walmart sells guns and runs all little mom and pop gunshops out of business then quits selling guns themselves leaving nowhere left to buy guns. I realize its a stretch but its happening in my area.

Steve

5. Mac V

Mac V Guest

I'm curious...

What's the significance of whether WalMart sells guns or not? They don't sell a lot of other things for which there are also dedicated retailers. My local hardware store doesn't sell guns; neither does the appliance store, the grocery store or the store where I buy work clothes and shoes. And by some strange quirk, my local gun shops don't sell TVs, lingerie or vacuum cleaners. Has WalMart's marketing policy taken on some dark significance or what?

Mike

6. bkms

bkms Member

Where i live in South MS, all the walmarts sell guns. BUT, the man i know who has worked behind the counter at our local Wally world for years told me, their guns are seconds. I see more bought at our local sporting goods store than there.

7. hounddog41@charter.net

hounddog41@charter.net Member

Just stopped in superior Wisc and I heard now in duluth Minn also alex

8. awbenz

awbenz TS Member

Yes, in San Antonio.

9. Bawana

Bawana TS Member

Charlottesville, Va yes. I asked what the future will be for the guns in the store and I was told they will be selling guns because it is bring in to much money for them.

10. famill00

famill00 TS Member

I dont think Walmart has hurt the mom and pop gunshops around here. Sure, Walmart can beat them out on ammo, but as far as guns the local guys have better deals. Not to mention better service, can fix something if it breaks, and they sell a better quality firearm. When the walmart in Morganfield, KY is out of guns that is it. They arent getting any more.

Forrest

11. smartass

smartass TS Member

Yea, BIGAL, but you'll be a lot poorer.

Funny how you came out with that union inspired, anti Wal-Mart babble just as I returned from shopping at .... guess where now ...... WAL-MART!!!! Hapiness is living within walking distance of Sam Walton's creation.

12. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Steve, quote: "Conspiracy Theory....Walmart sells guns and runs all little mom and pop gunshops out of business then quits selling guns themselves leaving nowhere left to buy guns. I realize its a stretch but its happening in my area."<br>
    <br>
    Mike, quote: "I'm curious... What's the significance of whether WalMart sells guns or not? They don't sell a lot of other things for which there are also dedicated retailers. My local hardware store doesn't sell guns; neither does the appliance store, the grocery store or the store where I buy work clothes and shoes. And by some strange quirk, my local gun shops don't sell TVs, lingerie or vacuum cleaners. Has WalMart's marketing policy taken on some dark significance or what?"<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    I don't think Mao-Mart conspired to run anyone out of business. I think they simply made a business decision to sell guns, thinking they could make a profit. There is no question that some small gunshops were hurt by them. But by the same token, sporting goods chains have hurt small gunshops as well. These shops, if they are smart, survived by selling the guns that Mao-Mart et al did not or would not. Like left hand guns, AR15's, etc. Some small gunshops shot themselves in the foot by trying to take on the big chains by selling the same lineup.<br>
    <br>
    And some small gunshops were their own worst enemy when it came to dealing with customers. I think this played a major role when people would go to chains instead of their local small gunshop. Ever been in a small gunshop and were made to feel unwelcome because you weren't a regular? Or the owner was such a cranky weirdo that you would rather go to Mao-Mart and order a gun? Or the prices at the local gunshop exceeed MSRP?<br>
    <br>
    If there is a conspiracy, it's by the major gun manufacturers themselves. Not to pick on anyone in particular, but let's look at Remington. They sell boxcar loads of guns to Mao-Mart and other chains, who then retail the guns for less than what the local gunshop can buy them for. Whose fault is that? The manufacturer. Then, because of the clout the big chains have, due to high volume sales, they demand the manufacturer keep slashing prices. Mao-Mart in particular is notorious for this. So quality control drops. Bolt handles fall off of Model 700's. Barrels don't get straightened properly. Guns have mechanical problems. And because models aren't specifically made for Mao-Mart et al, the quality drops for ALL retailers, including the local gunshop.<br>
    <br>
    The ironic part is that the manufacturers finally realized that they could not keep selling a quality firearm for the prices being demanded. For example, Remington apparently figured this out, and took the initiative to increase quality AND sell a less expensive product to Mao-Mart and others. Remington did this by creating the el cheapo Model 710, and by importing Russian made shotguns, including a semi-auto similar in looks to an 1100. The irony is now that the manufacturers have started doing this, Mao-Mart and other chains are getting out of the firearms business. If they had only done that years ago, small gunshops AND the manufacturers would not be in the mess they are now.

13. smartass

smartass TS Member

Brian, that was quite a filibuster about Mao-Mart, whatever that is.

14. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

Every Wal-Mart within 300 miles(all 6 of 'em)is still selling guns, and has the best price on loaded STS & AA shells too!

John C. Saubak

northeast Montana

15. bulgie

bulgie TS Member

I live in a town located in central Ms. We just had a new superwalmart open this week. You can buy all the shells. centerfire rifle and pistol ammo, plus all other gun related stuff, but they do not sell guns. Went out one night this week to look things over and asked the store manager why no guns. He simply stated they did not have guns. I can drive 15 minutes to the other superwalmart and buy a gun, tomatoes, bananas, tapons, a watch etc..but the new store has no guns to sell. I cant figure the reasoning.
    Big Al

16. smartass

smartass TS Member

Big Al, how many handles do you have besides BigAl and bulgie? What union are you in?

17. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Plano TX area north of Dallas down to 2/4

18. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Big Al who claimed to be a teacher one time was apparently saved in some other job by a union

Big Al/Esterhaus has removed his stupid comment

19. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no guns massachusetts

20. rlcammer

rlcammer TS Member

The two closest to me in Tamarac, FL, do not, and they don't have the 100 packs of shells. I was told by an assistant manager that they couldn't order them, either.............

Ric C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does walmart carry trap guns

does walmart in boonville in sell firearms

does walmart sell guns