1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does your club have a "New Shooter" day?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

I went out Saturday to a club that I hadn't visited in quite a while to do a little shooting. I was informed when I went to sign-up that they had reserved the trap fields (2) for new shooters. They were trying to not make a potential new shooter feel pressured about not shooting well and just having people of the same ability on the line with each other.

I thought that it was a great idea and asked if I could help out in any way? I did help with a little bit of basic gun handling instruction and even lent out my trusty "break them all" 870 a time or two. I was there for 3 hours and never pulled the trigger, but it was one of the better days I've spent at a club in quite a while.

ss

2. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Does your club have a

Actually sounds like a great idea! I was just asked when the school league would begin by a parent. I told him and his son" Just because school league isnt happening the kids can shoot any open practice day, and being junior members are welcome to shoot leagues as well. Please dont think you only have to shoot for school, shoot because you want to and when you want." I also to him to pass it on to the other school kids, come on Thursdays and be ready for school league.

Jerry Lewis

3. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Does your club have a

Our "open" shooting program is "open" to anyone who knows how to shoot a shotgun, but not necessarily trap. If a guest wants to instruct a "new" shooter, we ask them to come early so we can segregate new shooters from others - we only have three traps total and as you know, squads move only as fast as the slowest person...

Otherwise, we offer a handful of "packaged" basic instructional classes for a nominal cost which include all equipment and supplies. We also hold an Open House and invite the community in to try trap for a the day...

regards all,

Jay

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.