1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does the new Blaser?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by threedeuces, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

Have a removable trigger group?

2. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

That certainly changes my outlook on them!

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Although I appreciate the drop out trigger on my Perazzi's, why would not having one be a deal breaker???

Jim C

Hell, Michigan

4. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

My Kolar Max T/A has one and I like the idea of one screw and the trigger is in your hands for cleaning, lubing or servicing or if you have a break down you can fix it quickly with a spare trigger group. The bottom line is if the Blaser had one it would be quite a bit more money so with all this said If you want a combo with it you will have to spend more than $10,000.

5. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm a P-gun fan and like the removable trigger too. But there are a lot of fantastic guns out there without the feature. If I thought a gun would give me a target on my overall average I'd closet the Pgun.

6. bigben

bigben Active Member

The Blaser trigger IS removeable, take off the stock, there is a tiny allen screw friction holding the front trigger screw, remove the screw, tap the upper back pin pin out and the trigger is in your hand

7. Pride Engineer

Pride Engineer Member

It is removable as stated above. It is very easy to change trigger groups. But why do you need to? I own a P-gun and it has the removable trigger. It fell out twice when I pushed off the safety when I was hunting pheasants. I shoot a Krieghoff for trap. I have the gun serviced once per year and I shoot about 40,000 targets each year. Owned Krieghoff now for ten years and never have had a trigger problem, and have never needed to remove it. The Blaser trigger developement was supervised by Norbert Hausmann. Norbert was one of Krieghoff's best trigger people and gunsmith. The Blaser has a mechanical trigger that rivals the Krieghoff. That's good enough for me. All of the people I have spoke with that are shooting the new F3 Blaser say they are very happy.

Mark Zauhar

8. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I always enjoy watching the P-gun triggers bouncing off the concrete, certainly makes a unique sound.

Curt

9. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I('ve) own(ed) Perazzi's (sporting), Ljutics (trap), Guerini's (both) and now a Blaser for sporting clays. Its trigger is quite special. Overall the gun has a refinement that over time becomes quite apparent, and spoils you for other guns. And the ability to get the balance absolutely perfect is a major plus. And talk about soft shooting...all good, very good.

WNCRob

10. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

WNCRob, I have been thinking about one of the Blaser trap combo's or a DT-10 combo. How do the actions lock up. DT-10s have the two trunions holding the front of the mono block and the cross bolt acrossed the rear. Could you describe how the Blaser F3 works. I am interested in a little more detail if you could describe it for me.

Thanks, John Ertel

11. BradinIdaho

BradinIdaho TS Member

I just purchased an F3 Combo and am really excited about it. I have a question about the trigger though. It has a very light pull but I have noticed it has what appears to me as a fair amount of movement before it seems to grap on the seer and fire the shell.

To be clear, what I mean is I can pull the trigger a noticable distance without firing the shell. IS that normal? Desirable?

I called Allem and they said they can take that slack out if I mail it to them. It seems to me I would like it a lot sharper?

Is it normal to pull the "Slack" out of the trigger before calling for the bird?

Any suggestions.

Thanks
    Brad

12. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

It's called creep. I personally don't like any creep but it all depends on what you get used to.

13. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

That is not creep, it's just free play. Creep is the sear dragging across the hammer engagement surface.

14. WNCRob

WNCRob Member

I do not shoot a release trigger, but the pull trigger breaks crisply at about 3 pounds, has no creep whatsoever and very little overtravel. It is very consistent. As a former USPSA shooter who is quite used to 2 lb triggers in guns built on 1911 frames, the Blaser trigger is the best stock trigger that I've experienced in a shotgun. Takes a little getting used to, but once you are accustomed to it, others seem a bit crude by comparison.

WNCRob

15. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Sounds like a 2 stage match trigger like in AR-15's . . . way-cool!

John E.

P.S. WNCRob, thanks for all the information in the PM you sent.

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

If you're a trigger slapper you should try it for a bit before altering it.

17. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I dislike the drop out Parazzi trigger, every time one breaks it holds up the line while the shooter finds his spare and swaps it out, I have waited for the shooter to ride his cart back to the trailer, back to the line to find his buddy with one, back to the Perrazi smith to borrow one, ect...

If you shoot a Parazzi please wear the batman belt with the spare, or two, ready for a timely change out or bring both guns to the line.

18. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

My Kolar has a drop out trigger and it has never failed me yet, along with 5 of my shooting buds. I just like the ease of getting to it to clean lube and adjust.
    I am not saying a gun without it is bad. I just would rather have one if I had my druthers.

19. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Bradinidaho: No high grade gun should have any trigger slop-creep-My Caesar Guerini has no creep or slop, and the sliding weight on the Blaser is a copy of the CG for balance. I like my CG.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

20. holdumpleas66

holdumpleas66 TS Member

Hmm-i have shot p-gun for 25 years with 1 broken spring,not bad- hu- shannon 391

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.