1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Pine Belt NJ Allow Any Public Shooting???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by vpr80, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I am going to be at the NJ shore for a week and wanted to take a trip out to Pine Belt to shoot a bit. Do they allow any public shooting? Or any arrangement for NJCT members?

Also, has anyone shot at Red Wing Sporting Clays?

Thanks

2. ljutic 111

ljutic 111 TS Member

Red Wing may be closed for the summer .

3. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Pine Belt has open shooting all the time.When it is open.

4. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

It is open Wed. all day until 10:00pm and friday night until about 10:00.

5. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Doh! Ok need to call Red Wing.

Yeah I see that Pine Belt is not open much. How is that such a big club is only open a few hours a week? And can anyone clue me in on their schedule.

6. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Where will you be staying at the shore? There are a couple of other places where you can shoot. You can shoot at Groundswipers and at the Howell Gun Club (Solomon's). Groundswipers shoots on Thursdays and Sundays and Solomon on Tuesday and Sundays. Solomon shoots registered on the 2nd and 3rd Sunday of each month except for August.

Send me a PM and I will give you details.

7. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

Groundswipers is close, but I won't be able to make it on Thu or Sun since I am there for less than a week. Howell is a bit far. Thanks anyway.

8. ljutic 111

ljutic 111 TS Member

Don't know where your staying but Red Wing would be the closest if in Atlantic City but they close for the summer because it is a Camping area and also there are so many Green Head flies that suck the blood out of you !! Mallard Trap Club is open Wed eve from 4-7:30 and Sundays noon to 4 but we too are too far from the lower shore area. Pine Belt is the better bet on Wednesdays . There is also a place in Cape May County but it is never advertised and hard to find on the internet . Someone should publish there website or contact . Question : why is Groundswipers closed ?? That place is within reason to the shore and I had gone there a few times when I was losing on the tables .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.