1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does or When does round count make a difference

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by bigdogtx, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

I know on a car you used to have a car with 100K and you had to double your monthly car budget for things that were breaking,,,,but with the quality of firearms technology and with the quality of Perazzi, Krieghoff, Beretta, Ceasar, Kolar, Ljutic, Seitz, DeVaults et. al.,,,,does a round count below 10K really make that much difference from one that has a couple thousand or less? Some of the round count from these are in the tens of thousands before replacement of parts.

If it does make a difference,,,,what would that count be on some of the above listed names,,,,(I didn't intentionally leave any off, just some that came to top of mind)

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

In my opinion slamming a gun shut hard and poor maintenance/lubrication are much more significant than pure round count. Unless it's your own shotgun, it's usually impossible to reliably determine round count anyway.

-Gary

3. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

While I can't help you much, I will tell you what I have observed recently.

I bought a new Browning XT and have put 12K through it. The lever has not moved to the left one bit and the barrel will not fall open with gravity. It is basically as tight as when new. I clean the old grease off and put new grease on every time I shoot. If it not for the gun rack rash, and light polished marks of the shell heads on the breech face, you would think it was new.

I would not be worried about buying a used gun if the price was right. The only question I would have on a used shotgun is whether it shot close to where the rib pointed, especially windage.

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

A clean well lubed gun will last for years and years . What hurts a Gun is us and how we treat them . We (Some) Slam them shut throw them in gun racks and shoot them all summer with little or no care .

5. phirel

phirel TS Member

I have observed that all automobiles with 100,000 miles on them are not equal.

Pat Ireland

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Pat, you are so right,,,,mine has 186+ on it and is still going strong,,,,German engineering.....

7. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Bigdogtx, German engineering,VG. My sister drives her son's older Chevy pickup, 1980's something shows 320,000 and counting. Runs like a charm,daily driver. No major engine or driveline repairs or replacement. American engineering"outstanding". Runs like a Browning.

8. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I believe the hardest thing you can do to a trap gun is slam the Bbl closing it.

It beats the hell out of the Bbl and locking lug, makes a gun loose very early.

I drive a 94 Buick Lesabre Custom w 143,700 miles on it, interior is like new and engine does not use oil and it gets 30 Mpg on the road w/3800 motor.

No problems just like a mint trap gun taken care of.

Pat I have seen new cars w/20,000 miles beat to h*ll, dirty and ragged out interior w/cigarette stained yellow interior.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

I have been shooting my 43 year old K-32 for 25 years in competition and it was used an unidentified number of rounds before that. The lever is still way to the right. I don't clean it a lot, but I keep the crap out of the trunnions and run it a little wet. That's the way I treat my American cars also. They usually go about twenty years before I give them away, but I've never rebuilt or replaced an engine.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

TjayE- I quit smoking at least 15 times each day. Quitting is simple.

APrice- Your description "dirty and ragged interior w/cigarette stained yellow interior" is not my car, it is me.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.