1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Maywood Sportsmans Clu Let Non-Members Shoot?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by smoking357, Jun 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Does Maywood Sportsmans Club Let Non-Members Shoot?

From the looks of their website, they don't let anyone but members shoot at their Trap fields.

Does anyone know if this is the case?

2. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

It says very plainly:

Maywood Sportsmen's Club is a private club, open to members and shooting members only.

What part do you not understand?

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I believe that a non-member may shoot at Maywood. I am pretty sure that you have to have a valid FOID card, (If you are an Illinois resident) and you may have to pay a $5.00 temporary membership fee. It is a great club to shoot at, and we shoot on Wed evenings (from 6:00 or 6:30 pm to 10:00 pm), and Sun (from 9:00 am to 2:30 or 3:00 pm). If you are interested, I can find out the exact conditions for you. Send me a PM if you would like.

Rodbuster.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

As Rodbuster says. However, it's not open to the public and you can't shoot there regularly without being a member. No FOIA card is required for out-of-state shooters.
    Just show up and you will be able to shoot. Great club.

5. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Take a ride out there and shoot the games, bring money and they will give you a free lesson on how to lose it ... This is absolutely the best club I ever shot at back in the Mid West and if there is anything I miss about being back there its the Games at Maywood ... WPT ... (YAC) ... Former Illinois resident and member of the MSMC ...

6. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if Maywood is open Sunday July 4th?

7. Marco Polo

Marco Polo TS Member

Yup We'll be open for shooting.....<br>
    <br>
    <br>CORRECTION
    <br>A non-member may shoot at Maywood. You have to have a valid FOID card, (If you are an Illinois resident) and you may have to pay a $5.00 temporary membership fee. <br>
    <br>(The "daily membership fee" is a result of several clubs having discussions with their Accountants and the IRS relating to "Non-Member Income") <br>
    <br>We shoot on Wed evenings (from 6:00 to 10:00 pm), and Sun (from 9:30 am to 2:30 pm). <br>
    <br> E-mail me if you need more info.

8. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

You can pay the $5.00 temp fee up to 5 times, and then must become a shooting member. You get a temp. badge by posting your FOID, & get it back and the end of the day. Legal shells only, no heavy stuff for the games. These guys are so good, they don't need the funny stuff!!

9. smoking357

smoking357 TS Member

Thanks for all the replies, guys. I've driven right by it on 294 innumerable times, and I never knew it was there.

What do they charge for a round?

If you look at the range on Google Maps, you can see a squad shooting 16 yard Trap.

41.917867,-87.922166

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
20016 what does maywood sportsman club have

maywood sportsman club

maywood sportsman club membership

maywood sportsman club open to public