1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

"Does it have air conditioning"?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, May 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land

Went to get a replacement gas cap for my '71 Chevy pickup.<br>
    <br>
    Right after I told them what I needed and what it was for, the parts guy asks, "Does it have air conditioning"?<br>
    <br>
    I told him no, the fuel tank only had heat and defrost.

2. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Nice Brian.

No such thing as the "dumming down" of America huh?

Try calling a Lowes or Home Depot and ask them for ANYTHING. After the fourth or fifth person gets on the phone, you might be in the correct department at least.

I have to call these places as part of my job. I make sure the guys in the field have the equipment and materials they need to work. They call me and I have to "make it happen" as they like to say. If a tool goes down or they run out of something I don't have in the warehouse, I try and get it for them from one of these stores. ASAP. After a while you just gotta shake your head and laugh.

Two days ago the girl clerk at Lowes was SITTING on the counter next to the cash register. She scanned thirty 2x4's, two boxes of nails, six packs of saw blades, three 6v batteries, and a hundred foot tape.

She NEVER STOOD UP. LMAO...leaned over with the scanner gun to get the 2x4's and slid everything else past her ass. Funniest damn thing I've seen in a long time. I thought she was going to open the drawer with her FOOT. When she saw one of the "managers" coming she stood up. I just smiled at her and told her good move.

AJ100

3. Brian in Oregon

Was she chewing bubblegum? LOL

4. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

That would require doing TWO things at the same time.

If you can do that, they move you up to the "service" desk.

AJ100

5. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

I was in a store that was just opening his doors. In other words he opened a new business. He only had gas and some snacks and drinks. I got a can of soda and handed him a roll of quarters. He looked at it as is I was playing a joke on him. The way he looked I had to tell him that it was a roll of quarter that was $10.00. And he was running a store.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Its funny you mention that - in trying to buy replacement carpet or even seat covers for my older lincoln ('67) they ask the same thing!

Jay Spitz

7. SoftCraft

SoftCraft TS Member

Without opening the roll how does he know it is complete (that all 40 quarters are there)?

Dumb move on your part.

Rich

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My bill at McDonald's was $2.78. I gave the kid 3 dollars and 3 pennies. He pushed the alarm button and went sobbing to the manager's office.

HM

9. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

There was the story about Mickey D's where the guy wanted a 1/2 dozen chicken nuggets and the kid said, "Sorry, but we only have either 6 or 12"!...Bob Dodd

10. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The same McDonald's kid couldn't figure out to hit the numeral "4" instead of pushing the "hamburger" button 4 times..........

But my grandaughter can multiply double digits in her head at 7 years old. Go figure.

HM

11. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Bigdon only you would rather have $9.25 worth of loose change in quarters weighing down your pocket. I did so just to get the paper money which is alot lighter then quarters. Only you would do something like that.

Softcraft, it was in a clear plastic roll. OH one more thing your dates give you that name your using?

BDodd, did the name tag read Bigdon or Softcraft?

Overboard, you think like I do. With the rolls they don't have to go to the bank and banks are not open on late Sat or Sundays.

Halfmile thats because she has parents who are TAKING THE TIME TO WORK WITH THEIR CHILD and not have a frame of mind that its the schools that have to do it. Good for the parents and the kid.

MIA just likes to go to the bank just so he can get out of work.

12. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Gargle you missed the point. You would have the 9.25 in your jeans because I would have give back your own damn quarters. Not do you not have any sense but you can't read either.

Don

13. derbyacresbob

derbyacresbob Well-Known Member

Does it have air conditioning?

Quite a few years ago I went to a Del Taco and ordered 10 tacos and 10 burritos, they were 49 cents each. The girl that worked there told me the total would be just over seven dollars. I told here that she had made a mistake because 10 tacos would cost $4.90 and 10 burritos would cost $4.90 so the total would be $9.80 plus tax. She said, wow you must eat here a lot.

14. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

No I did not misread the post. I will explain things to you. I ME or MYSELF did not want the QUARTERS. I wanted PAPER MONEY. The ones with DEAD PRE'S on them. You I'm sure would be happy with the money with Clinton on them. YOU YOURSELF I said in my post that YOU OR YOURSELF would probably be happy WITH the quarters in your pocket. If you can not understand this then ask your mommy to explain it to you. Bigdon the Moron.

15. superxjeff

superxjeff Active Member

derbyacresbob, I just spent 8 hours in other peoples emotional funk. That post was the laugh that I needed. thanks. Jeff

16. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

How I forgot this one I don't know.

I had about 11 kids at McDonalds. My son was 10 or 11, he is now 35. Baseball team after an afternoon game.

I told them all to hang out at the car and I would buy them lunch.

I ordered something like 15 burgers, 9 fries, 6 or 7 soft drinks, a couple milkshakes, and something for myself.

The girl takes the order, this was before they had to have pictures on the cash register. I figured, this should be good, but she got everything right.

Then she hit me with the question...now remember, she can't see the kids...

"IS THIS FOR HERE OR TO GO."

You gotta love it.

AJ100

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

It's not just kids.

Back in 1988 my Father was going thru his battle with cancer. The guy was as tough as nails and all he said when they told him was, "what a kick in the head." He was 67 at the time.

You can imagine, I wasn't in the best frame of mind while this was going on. I took some of his clothes to the cleaners one day to help out.

I go to pick up the clothes and check to see if they are all there. I notice the zipper is broken on one of the pair of trousers. The exchange with the lady went like this.

Excuse me, this zipper is broken.

Whats the problem with it?

It doesn't want to go down, it is stuck in the closed position.

Well, we didn't do it.

What do you mean, we didn't do it, it wasn't like this when I brought them in here.

Sir, (in that, we don't make mistakes tone) how can you be sure the zipper wasn't broken when you brought them in here?

Because it a pair of MENS trousers.

So?

The zipper is stuck fast in the UP position.

SO?

SO, HOW IN THE HELL DID HE GET THEM OFF?

They replaced the zipper at no charge.

When I told my Dad, he did get a chuckle out of that one.

AJ100

18. OhioBob

OhioBob TS Member

I stopped at McDonalds not long ago for a breakfast sandwich....I asked for an Egg McMuffin and an orange juice.

The young man cashiering informs me that they are all sold out of "round eggs"...no more round eggs today.

"Huh???" says me......I ask what else do they have available for breakfast....he states that "square eggs" are available but doesn't know what sandwich uses square eggs.

Silly me....I've farmed my whole life and never noticed those square eggs.

I'll bet thats painful for the hens that pass those "square eggs"

Bob T

19. Brian in Oregon

AJ100, that's pretty funny.<br>
    <br>
    Gargoyle!, quote: "....I'm sure would be happy with the money with Clinton on them...."<br>
    <br>
    Yeah, I would be happy. Because it would mean he's pushing daisies and we don't have to listen to his gas anymore. And I can enjoy defacing the bills just to piss off the liberals. Ditto for Carter. Maybe he'll be on the $3 bill.

20. Gargoyle!

Gargoyle! TS Member

Sorry Brian but the $3.00 bill if just for Bill. Its not to praise him but to shame him. If your going to quote me please use all of what I said. Not part of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.