1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does EasyHit Sight Really Solve Cross Dominance?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paul7177, Jan 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paul7177

paul7177 Member

Has anyone had success with the EasyHit type sights in solving cross dominance?

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I use the EasyHit sight in conjunction with the lens taped. I have done this not only for target shooting but for hunting, both with very good results.

It takes time to adjust but it does work.

For me, just the use of the EasyHit sight alone (w/o lens tape) would not work as the sight is for the initial point of reference only. Once the target is released, I never look at the sight again, just the target.

Curt

3. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

They don't work in the rain or at night under the lights.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They work great and yes they do help some people even at night, I have used them for years ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

I tried one and the first shootoff at night it came off as all I could see was black, during rain the tube sight gets water in it and all you can see is black until you pull the trigger and it clears.

This may not be an issue if you don't shoot a night or rain.

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

It certainly helped me. It does not cure the problem, but it does minimize it.

When I am shooting well on autopilot, I don't notice the bead much. However, when I am surprised by a bird, the Easy Hit makes it easier to correct and aim.

BTW, get the 2.5mm unit. Even that dot is really too big, but it is usable. I wish they still made the 2mm unit.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I have 2 of them stuck to the wall downstairs. They are doing me more good there. Just a big distracting glowing lump out there calling my name when my eyes should be STAYING on the target.

--- Chip King ---

8. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Did not work for me.....................SMOKIT

9. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

If you're talking about the one with the long tube in front of the bead they didn't work for me. If I changed my comb like from 16 to handicap I couldn't see the bead at all. I've come to the conclusion just to live with being a one eyed shooter and do the best I can.

10. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

I'm with you Chip King. Attracts too much attention!

11. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

I have used one (still do occasionally) & it seemed to be more help (to me) when I missed because by then my focus has changed a little & I see the glow worm & the target at the same time, otherwise all I see is the target & a fuzzy blob as I pull the trigger (the muzzle) & can't really see a relationship between the muzzle & target. just my experience. Ross Puls

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Does anyone here shoot as good as Harlan Cambell? I understand he uses one. Do they solve cross dominance-for some-probably-for others-maybe not. The only one that eliminates cross dominance for everyone all the time is to close one eye!!

13. 4N6PE

4N6PE Member

Some shooters have posted claims of having corrected cross-dominance with the Easyhit by training themselves to shoot with two -eyes open thus retaining binocular vision.It's worth a try, because the 2.5 mm sight works great for many who don't have cross-dominance, like myself.

Ned

14. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

Kay Ohye has a rib blinder on his gun.

15. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Last time I talked to Deb Ohye and asked what she thought of her rib blinder she said "beats me, Dad made me one and put it on my gun"!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.