1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use titanium choke tubes in K-80?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by griffonexpress, Apr 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. griffonexpress

griffonexpress TS Member

It was suggest to me that I needed to lighten up my k-80 TS. One suggestion was to get titanium choke tubes. Does anyone use the titanium tubes, and can you tell any difference in weight??

Griffonexpress

2. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

I use them in both K80 and KX5. I do not notice a weight change. I use Ti chokes because they are less likely to rust or become stuck. Also look better. Can tighten with fingers if necessary. More expensive. All the same reasons I shoot K guns.

3. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

I have Titaniums in my K-80 Sporting. If you shoot alot, you can tell the difference in weight. Weigh a Briley spectrum, then weigh a Tit choke. In a double barrel it makes a difference.

4. tj303

tj303 Member

I was told by Krieghoff that each titanium choke weighs 1/2 oz less than standard choke.

5. alpine

alpine TS Member

One ounce at the end of the barrel. If you are attempting to correlate one once against the weight of the whole gun I've got some beach front property in Arizona I'd like to sell you.

6. Charles L. Schmidt

Charles L. Schmidt TS Member

CharlesR1100, I wouldn't bet on that "less likely to become stuck comment." The galvanic corrosion that can occur when you screw a nonferrous and a ferrous metal together can lock the two together pretty tight. Especially so with titanium and steel. If you don't remove them frequently I'd suggest a coating of anti-seize the entire length of the tube.

Griffonexpress, I’d buy em’ just because they look so cool. Krieghoff offers a titanium front barrel hanger too, nice... But again pricy. cls

7. alpine

alpine TS Member

Ti is much further down the Galvanis table it makes SS look like zinc.

8. ljuticsscentennialpro

ljuticsscentennialpro Member

Titanium chokes patterned better than the stock chokes

9. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

Will the Titanium tubes become obsolete when the new Kryptonite tubes are released?

10. Big Bopper

Big Bopper TS Member

Don't forget the titanium trigger. I got one with my K-80. Totally bitchin'!

11. CharlesR1100

CharlesR1100 TS Member

Good Lord! I thought Ti would be safe. Well, I have always used anti-neat, or K grease on the threads anyway, so I might get by. I had totally ignored galvanic reaction. Hope it ignores me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.