1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone use Ramshot Competion powder

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Kemper, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

I haven't reloaded in many years. Money is getting me back into it. I have 20 lbs of Ramshot, does anyone use it? I have mostly AA and Remington hulls, all my Gold Medal hulls corroded over the 15 years i've been saving them.

If so let me know your receipt, and if you like it please.

Thanks,

Barry Kemper

2. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

No body uh?

O well.

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

ctreay, I did, and I loaded some. some how ended up with 8 lbs of the stuff. i was just wondering if anyone liked it. a friend of mine called me and shared his experience, it was good, seems hard to get.

thanks for helping.

barry

4. little gambler

little gambler Active Member

I have shot about 250# of it over the years, but when it was no longer in the 25# containers I quit buying it. As I remember it was like 229.00 or so for the big keg of it and was quite a bargain back in the day. It was clean powder, excellent for 1 1/8 trap loads.

5. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

It's on the way Jimbo. It's nice to have such great friends!!

Barry Kemper

6. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Barry -

About 10 years ago I was selling a powder in 25# kegs at the Howell gun club called SMP 134. Keith Heeg, Doug Trierweiler from Portland and some of the other guys out there bought a few hundred pounds from me in one shot. That is what you have. The powder is made by Primex in St. Marks Florida. Western Powders bought the rights to that powder and just slapped their label on it and voila.... Ramshot Competition Powder at about $100 a keg more than I was paying for it before. It is clean and is EXACTLY the same as the old Winchester AA Plus. Grain for Grain. Lots of unhappy folks when the well ran dry here in Howell on that stuff.

Jeff

7. claykiller

claykiller Member

Barry:

Ramshot Competition is an unknown gem. Do yourself a favor and go to Ramshot's website and retrieve the loading data if you don't already have it. STS hull + 17.9 of Competition + Win. 209 + Green Duster wad + 1 oz shot = Ass kicking 1200 FPM clay annihilating back to the 22 yard line. I've even used the recipe on the 27 yard line with good success, although not recommended for registered targets.

8. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

Yep Jeff, that's what I thought, I called Keith and he seemed to remember something like that too.

Claykiller, thanks a lot, I did it last night. I'll shoot'm this weekend and see how they work. seems like there are fine, at least from what I hear.

thanks to all,

Barry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.