1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone take an RV to FLA in winter to shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by William Perry, Aug 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. William Perry

William Perry Member

Does anyone go to Florida or southeast for a trapshooting vacation during the winter. I have an Airstream and would like some suggestions on where to camp for a few weeks.

Bill

2. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Silver Dollar would be my first choice...we have camped there for the past few years. It's like living in Mayberry, everyone knows everyone and they look out for each other. I feel really safe there any hour of the day. It is our winter home away from home...

3. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Silver Dollar is a winner no doubt!!! You will spend alot to stay there for the Southern Grand and the Fla. State shoot, but the SD has shoots every weekend all winter long when camping spots are more avail. But do check out the ATA website and click on clubs in fla. All of Fla's clubs will pop up. Then you can click on any club on your route and see how many camping spots they have, talk to someone from the club to find out any popular place you or your family may want to go or see. I'm sure you will find a wide range options for things to see and do while your not shooting with the rest of the gang. Oh Yeh, route 60 goes across fla. from tampa to like Yeehaw Juntion if memeory serves. This road is a RV paridise in the winter here. Good Luck and Break-em all.

4. running bear

running bear Member

Robinson Ranch Trap and Skeet, Dunnellon FL.

5. VF 126

VF 126 Member

If you want to shoot! Its the Dollar hands down.

6. PETER PERFECT

PETER PERFECT TS Member

SHOOT PLUS PLAY GOLF CHEAP AT THE DOLLAR!

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

I always park the motorhome at Silver Dollar. It's a bit expensive but worth it. Plus...you can golf!

blade819

8. shogan191

shogan191 TS Member

Sarasota Gun Club,Sarasota, FL///Imperial Polk Gun Club, Winterhaven Fl./// Port of the Islands Naples, Florida.

There are lots of places and the ones above have camperspots.

http://www.claytargetsonline.com/index.php

9. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

Lots of people use the Silver Dollar as a home base and travel the Florida chain shoots to get some variety. Also there are several sporting clays courses near by and the Dollar has a 5 stand and 2 skeet fields also.
    Buddy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.