1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone shoot E3 powder?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by yvonne, Mar 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yvonne

yvonne Banned User Banned

It's time for me to put in an order for reloading components. Does anyone use E3 powder and what are your comments on it. I was thinking of switching from Red Dot. I use Unique for 20 ga Skeet, Green Dot for Trap loads and Red Dot for 12 ga Skeet loads. There seem to be alot of recipes for the E3.

2. flybyknight

flybyknight Member

I've used it - it's a good powder, the least temperature sensitive powder I've used. However, it's fairly expensive and not as clean as either Clays or Clay Dot. So unless you shoot in cold (35 degrees F or less) and shoot low pressure loads (less than 8,000 psi), it's probably not worth it.

Bobk

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

e3 doesn't cost any more to load with than Red Dot, because you use less per recipe. I like it a lot. It is very consistent year-round. IMO it is the best powder for 1 oz loads @ 1150fps.

There are some gotchas. It reacts with polycarbonate powder hoppers, and has a slight tendency to bridge. I've since gone back to Red Dot, because is more flexible, and I like the way it smells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.