1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone shoot a Sig X5 Competition?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Jan 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Not exactly trap related, but there have been a few pistol threads lately. I am thinking of picking up a Sig X5 Competition, after shooting a couple hundred rounds thru one at the local shooting range. It was a great fit for my hands and seemed very accurate. I shot the 9mm, does anyone shoot the 40cal version? Looking for any other comments. Thanks!

-Aaron

2. dmccorki

dmccorki Member

I shoot an X-5L which is a little more pricey than the competition model but basically the same gun. One of the best guns I have--well made, very accurate, and no problems to date. Have owned it about 3 years.
    Have not shot the 40 cal version.

3. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

X5 is a great gun. Mine is in 9mm. Simple to take down. VERY accurate. One of the finest handguns to own. Jim

4. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

Thanks fellas. I REALLY enjoyed shooting it at the range. I would love to get the Level 1 with the adjustable trigger, or the X6 or any of the Master Shop series...but none are on the Ca approved list! I guess I'll just have to "settle" for the competition version:)

I started out thinking about getting a 9mm for plinking...and of course now I find myself looking at $2k pistols...

5. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Are Sig 226 X5Ls in 40S&W hard to get? I ordered one 45+ days ago and it still hasn't come in!

6. dmccorki

dmccorki Member

I see them often but nothing like the 9mm. If you ask on the Sig forum, I believe there are a couple of dealers on that forum who have them available.

Just noticed that Buds has them in stock for $2217.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.