1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone remember

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 686beretta, Oct 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

A shooter from Kentucky in the mid-late 80's named I think Ty Courtwright. Does he still shoot?

2. Youffer

Youffer TS Member

The last I heard, he was working at Glenn GMC/ Buick in Lexington. That was about a year ago.

3. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I jst remeber he shot for about 3-4 years and shot a lot and very well, wondered why he gave it up.

4. stanky feet

stanky feet TS Member

If I remember right he was into diamonds,and had a barrel of money at that time.One thing I do remember was beating him in a shootoff.He was shooting a Model 12 smothered in gold!!I think it had a golden stagecoach on one side.However my little 200.00 Model 1100 done the job.

5. 686beretta

686beretta TS Member

I need to learn to spell

6. John Thompson

John Thompson TS Member

Ty Courtwright had married a girl whose family owned a string of jewelry stores. He managed one of them. His best friend & shooting buddy was a pawn broker around Lexington. They championed the phrase, "if you ain't shootin' a gold filled gun, wear a Rolex watch and a gold chain, you ain't a trapshooter". Seems Ty hired his best friends daughter to work in the Jewelry store at 18. Well, bye bye best friend, wife, job and about everything else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
glenn gmc ty

ty courtwright