1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know===

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by snapthecat, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snapthecat

snapthecat TS Member

Where I can get a Ruger LCP .280 pistol?
    I have tried all the gun and pawn shops within 100 miles of here and it looks dismal. I am hearing such comments as: 1. I am on allotment and have sold my allotment till after Jan. 2. There is a recall. 3. Regardless of the recall, no one has any. 4. There is a pending lawsuit. 5. Ruger will probably scrap this one and not pursue it further.
    It seems hard to find the truth or a gun. Can anyone help? Remove the XXXXX's

2. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

Assuming you mean LCP .380, yes there is a recall but production has continued with a special addition to the serial number. Ruger is also modifying the existing guns at no charge, free shipping both ways, and send an additional magazine when the gun is returned. Not a bad deal, just a minor inconvenience. Evidently, the gun could AD if dropped.

Look on gunbroker.com and you’ll find several “fixed” and several of recent production. I’m personally impressed with Ruger’s response to the issue. BTW there was also a recall notice in the latest issue of American Rifleman.

I’m waiting for my gun-dealer-co-worker-buddy to get me one on his next order.

3. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

A friend of mine is a gun dealer and he told me Ruger will ship these more desirable pistols to dealers but the dealer has to buy quite a bit of the less desirable models for the deal to happen. He told me it wasn't worth it to stock his shelves with inventory he knows no one is really interested in just to get a couple of guns people are asking for.

4. Mr Newbius©

Mr Newbius© TS Member

Gender Mountain

5. Gold E

Gold E TS Member

No offence tallpaul, but a dealer can order just one if he desires; no minimums required. I asked my dealer.

6. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

There is a little gun shop on US36 in Morton Indiana. I was there a few days ago and he had three of them.

Jim Skeel

7. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I have one and had to send it back in for modification.

They say allow for 2 weeks. It was back in 10 days from the day I sent it.

I really like the new magazine better. It has a grip extender on it and is a little easier to handle.

Hauxfan!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.