1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know John Thibodeaux?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by recurvyarcher, May 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I am looking for this guy, or a device similar to the one he makes, for a friend who has reduced vision in his right eye (he is right handed).

I am not looking for advice on how he can learn to shoot left-handed. Just trying to find a tool to make it so that he can continue to shoot, please.

Thanks.

2. targetchip

targetchip Banned User Banned

rEcurvy, you are areal friend!

Unfortunately his invention was never produced,for many reasons so, don't wast your time!

An optometrist can make miracles or switch to left side shoulder.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Devi...I can't help it...Is his best friend's name Boudreau?

Sorry

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Aren't you looking for the SIDE SIGHTER, an rib that is on the left side of stock for RH shooter, the gentlemans name slips my mind that made it, I sold several of them for him at our club 2 years ago.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

5. locdoc

locdoc Member

I believe the "Side Sighter" was made and marketed by a gentleman in Canada by the name of Natrass. Hence the "Natrass Side Sighter"

I believe both he and his daughter, Susan, were / are world class shooters.

Doug Whiton, P/W dealer/dist

6. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

Allen Timney used to make a side rib that wold attach to the regular rib ... he would measure the distance between your eyeballs and off set them to match ... they worked very well.

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Floyd Nattrass created the HIGH front bead post in order to use an elevated comb. Don Carey developed the side-sighter beads and may have some left over.

A rib can also be used off to the left side for those having right eye problems also.

Hap

8. wireguy

wireguy TS Member

I've seen buttstocks made with an offset that placed a right handed shooter's left eye directly over the rib. This appeared to me to be a workable system.

9. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

shotgunpeople_2008_030397.jpg

I have no idea who made this but when I put it to my shoulder it was spot on for my left eye.

Someone must have taken the measurements for the shooter and got the distance from his right eye to the left eye transferred to the rib supports. I would imagine it took some time to get the point of impact just right and then they actually bolted the supports to the rib on the gun.

Quite a unique idea to me.

Pictures compliments of Trapshooting Hall of Fame.

Thanks to Tami, and the late Lynn (Doc) Parsons for allowing me to have these pictures taken. Lynn had told me that this was what the Museum was all about. To educate people about all things pertaining to the sport.

10. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Devi,

Try giving Dave Berlet in Ohio a call. Perhaps he could stear you in the right direction finding the fellow.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.