1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone know about the Valmet 412 shotgun

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by safe-way, Sep 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. safe-way

safe-way TS Member

Does any one know about valmet 412? I have a opportunity to purchase a new valmet 412 trap system that come with 32" o/u, 30" o/u, a single barrel not sure what size, and a 12 guage on top of .223 rifle barrel. 4 barrels total

This is new, never shot and I don't know what it's worth. I was going to buy a Beretta or a Browning, but just came across this from a friend who inherited this years back but never used it and now wanting to sell.

Main thing is I would like to know the quality and worth of this Valmet 412 Trap system in new never fired box , and also the nearest gunsmith who knows about this gun. I live in N.J.

Should I buy this for hopefully a good price or just buy the Beretta 686 White onyx for most likely more money?

What would you pay for this gun?

I appreciate all help.

2. bambambam

bambambam Member

I have one,it is my favorite.Quality made gun,just have the ejector springs
    cut down so it don't throw the shells a half mile.Otherwise you may have to replace them.The Valmet company is Finnish I think and they make a lot of different guns.My Valmet gets shot a lot and I have never had a problem it is also very low recoil.Enjoy the gun and shoot a ton

3. safe-way

safe-way TS Member

Bambambam,
    What manufacture or model gun would you say your Valmet is most like?

4. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

"POOR MANS K-80"
    want to sell the 12/.223 barrel?

5. TALLEND

TALLEND Member

P.S. I have a 412 trap combo,and a 412 O/U .375/.375----I enjoy them both---.375 is Whitetail poison. Tom,aka Tallend

6. Bob Schultz

Bob Schultz Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I have a used Valmet Top single 34" choke tube gun. $1300.00

Bob Schultz

7. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

We have a Valmet 412ST three barrel set, 1 O/U and 2 single barrels, in a case for $1650.00.
    Mike Battista
    727 410 5212

8. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I have a pair of 412-ST, one a combo top single (satin finish reciever)My Son & I shot them for quite a few years, still have them in the safe.
    I picked them up from Gene Solomon at Howell Gun Club store a few years back.
    As mentioned I had ejector spring problems...too strong, broke a few extractors.
    This was not a problem as long as Stoger, the importer, was in No. Hackensack.
    However, There is a company that carries all the parts one might need for the Valmet. I'll have to get back to you with that info.
    Value?? As mentioned it's not a bad gun for the money, These days the gun should go for about $850.00 ~ $1000.00.
    As I recall the Gun was modeled after the Rem. 32/3200.
    I still (try) shoot one at Skeet...lol
    As for a Gun Smith work on the thing? Ask around, If your in the Howell area talk to Gene.

9. Buster 25

Buster 25 Member

I have a pair of 412-ST, one a combo top single (satin finish reciever)My Son & I shot them for quite a few years, still have them in the safe.
    I picked them up from Gene Solomon at Howell Gun Club store a few years back.
    As mentioned I had ejector spring problems...too strong, broke a few extractors.
    This was not a problem as long as Stoger, the importer, was in No. Hackensack.
    However, There is a company that carries all the parts one might need for the Valmet. I'll have to get back to you with that info.
    Value?? As mentioned it's not a bad gun for the money, These days the gun should go for about $850.00 ~ $1000.00.
    As I recall the Gun was modeled after the Rem. 32/3200.
    I still (try) shoot one at Skeet...lol
    As for a Gun Smith work on the thing? Ask around, If your in the Howell area talk to Gene.

P.S VALMET PARTS:
    Bob's Gun Shop P.O. Box 200 Royal AR. 71968
    www.gun-parts.com/valmet

Good Luck

10. mike b.

mike b. Member

Unless you need all those barrels, the price range will be over $2,000. If you can get all for a lot less than that, consider selling the extra barrels.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

anybody in us sell valmet guns

valmet 412 375 winchester barrels