1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Anyone Actually Pay These Prices? 2

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MTA Tom, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Only $64.95, plus $9.00 postage.

(The pictures don't seem to match the description, but they seem to depict two $.50 stampings with $.10 worth of white paint.)

2. Bridger

Bridger Member

If they will, I have one I will sell for that money.

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

70.00 for a K gun accessory seems like a right price, my god it is a K gun after all. Hmmmphh I mean really.

4. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

PT Barnum's neighbor will buy it.....

5. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Yea, I just bought a Trap Special and was asked about the Titanium chokes. What a joke, some 135 to 150 dollars for a f----g screw choke. I hate screw chokes, but have no choice with Krieghoff. The wait would have been some 6 months for fixed chokes. Thnaks, Roy

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I dont get it, 9k to 20k for the new trap special depending on model.....and it DOES NOT come with a selection of choke tubes,,,,,,,,,,,,,ok and whats another 300/500 for tubes when you can afford a 10k gun?

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

They come with a very good selection of chokes. Get you crap straight before bashing the gun. Titanium chokes are an option, option means "your choice" in case you forgot.

Don

8. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

mac1911, if you are talking to me, my point is simply, the titanium chokes pattern no differently than the steel. Plus, I do not want a choke sticking out the end of my barrel an inch for absolutely no reason. My gun came with 3 steel chokes. I opted to wait on the 30" o/u barrels. They should be ready sometime in the near future. Thanks, Roy

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

no bashing here, Titanium tubes are pricey browning's run 100.00 bucks. I just stunned that when it comes to spending 10k or better on a gun, that the prices of the accessories are a issue. What I do not get is if Krieghoff had just put the 3 titanium chokes in as part of the package and not an option they probably could get 1200.00 or more extra for the gun or what ever price they wanted. I do not know how much negotiation room there is when buying a new K gun. Ramortan I agree I would rather have a fixed choke unported barrel on my XT as long as the fixed chokes throw nice patterns. The only advantage to screw chokes. I work at a auto repair shop, we have a saying want to play the part you gotta pay the part. many customers go out and buy BMWs Lexus infinity audi to look the part, when it comes time to service and repair......well the tend to rethink the need for the higher end cars. FTR I was not talking to anyone directly just a statement, as far as facts post led me to believe they wanted extra for the chokes, being a high end gun I would think they would only come in titanium? Heck if I was a market guy for such high end guns I would just make titanium chokes include them with the gun and add it in to the final price. As far as facts, a quick look to K web site dealer search has the new trap specials starting in at 9K and up depending on model.

10. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- You work with automobiles. Do the expensive autos come standard with all of the options, or does the customer pay extra for the options he wants, or thinks he wants?

Pat Ireland

11. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

yes neil...........just a bit jealous maybe. If I could spend 10k on a gun, well I would get the titanium tubes just because.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.