1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

does anybody now anything about norinco guns

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by bladerunners, Aug 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bladerunners

bladerunners TS Member

i have a ak 47 and i dont know if it is preband or not how do you tell

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have seen that information on websites, Google is your friend.

HM

3. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Not certain about this, but wasn't Norinco implicated in importing some SKS and AK's that were unknowingly full-automatic and the BATF shut them down?

I liked their little imitations of the Win 22's.

4. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

AK47.com ?

5. BLACKDOG

BLACKDOG TS Member

Yes I do, PRE-BAN has a flash suppressor and a Two piece stock. There was never any (full auto units) They made a National match with a longer barrel and longer stock, really a nice shooter. They made folding stocks and a Bull/pup design also. There where a few call ak 74's which shoots 5.54mm/39mm cartridge, that is the round used today

6. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

All Norinco AK clones are "pre ban" because they were banned from importation in 1989 - five years before the now defunct, 1994 federal ban. The first Bush saw to that. (the 1989 ban on imported military pattern clone semi autos, like the HK-91s, 93s and 94s, the IMI Uzi carbine, The FN-FAL and FNC semiauto US commercial models, etc.)

They are good guns as far as AKs go, with nice, machined receivers (really makes no difference in an AK)

If you live in one of the 40 or so states that still upholds the US Constitution, you can find Norincos here and there in the lower 4-digit price range.

go to www.ar15.com and click on the AK link. It's the best site on the net for that. (they took over AK47.net)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.