1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody makes a Rudy Etchen type stock?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Steer Tripper, Nov 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

I was wanting to know if any of the stock makers are making them? I would like to try one. From what I have read they sound like they might work.

David

2. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

If you mean the curled grip, it was designed by Fred Etchen, Rudy's dad, and might be ordered from Joel Etchen Guns, Rudy's son.

3. ramorton

ramorton TS Supporters TS Supporters

Any custom stockmaker can design your pistol grip to your spec's. That is one of the most important aspect's of a custom stock. Hope this helps, Roy

4. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

I purchased a Fred Etchen style unfinished stock through Wenig a couple of years ago and have not had time to do anything to it. Wenig could finish it for you to your dimensions if you wish.
    Regards Bob Larsen

5. ftlupton

ftlupton TS Member

Hill topper is right, I bought an Etchen style 870 trap stock from Wenig. Great stock, great shooter.
    ftlupton

6. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Bob,
    Are you saying you want to sell you Wenig Stock.

David

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

One of my buddies has for sale a real nice pre-64 Model 12 Trap with an Etchen stock. He flashed me with it two weeks ago so I'd assume it's still available. Anyone interested?

8. kenf

kenf Active Member

oleolliedog,

I would be interested in your friends M12. E-mail me direct. I'll be hunting the next couple of days, but I will be in touch. Can you send pictures? Drop the x's

Also, Joel has one of his Dad's F Grade 870's that has the Etchen stock on it on display at his shop in Ligonier. Great place if you ever get to visit.

Ken

9. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I have a 1953 Browning superposed pigeon grade trap gun w/ an Etchen Special Stock. I have talked to Joel, but didn't find out how many were made like mine. Not too many I understand. I think each one had a silver dollar in the grip cap which was engraved with the customer's name. Mine only reads Etchen Special, and a spot where a name used to be.
    It's made of birdseye maple and no I don't wish to sell it.
    I build a solid wood take down case to match the gun. The grip does seem to help. Very confortable to shoot too.

10. Steer Tripper

Steer Tripper TS Member

Shane

Wish you would post some pictures. I have a Browning pigeon grade that I am wanting to put a new stock on. Would like to see what it would look like.

David

11. Doubles/Bob

Doubles/Bob TS Member

Hello Steer tripper
    I do not want to sell the 1100 stock at this time. Thanks Bob

12. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

For those individuals seeking a picture of that Model 12 with Etchen stock I will see the owner this weekend and will take photos and get price. Thanks! dawg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
etchen 870 stock

etchen special gun stock

etchen special gunstock

etchen special stock

etchen special trap stcok

fred etchen gunstocks
joel etchen stock work
rudy etchen model 12