1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

does anybody know the fastest cure for gout

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by lovethesport, Mar 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethesport

lovethesport Member

trying to fight it for over a week--meds not really working---

2. Fritzboy

Fritzboy TS Member

I do not know. Maybe drink more water. The universal cureall.

3. ultramag338

ultramag338 Member

My naturepath gave me Lithium and it is great dont leave home without it. I can eat scallops, or asparagus. It works for me.

4. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Nothing works to get rid of a flareup but time. It takes 10-14 days to subside. Ice packs help a little to reduce the swelling and manage the pain. Keep your foot elevated as much as you can.

Get your doctor to write a prescription for Allopurinol. Reduces your uric acid and a tablet every day will help prevent flareups. I've seen a new one being advertised on TV but don't recall the name. It's probably more expensive since it just came out.

Good luck, been there, done that. Hurts like hell.

Dave

5. Hawk46

Hawk46 TS Member

Someone might suggest an injection in the joint for a flareup but it's never worked for me, still took two weeks. Check with the Doc, might be worth a try if the pain is extra bad.

Dave

6. 221

221 Banned User Banned TS Supporters

My doctors advice was to deal with gout as it arises, some medications for daily protection become permanent, and with being permanent they tend to have decreasing effectiveness.......be real careful what you want to do as it can become chronic.

7. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Allopurinol and Colchicine....eat fresh cherries and drink pure 100% cherry juice if you can find it...per my doc when I had a flareup that was agony ,.couldnt walk ...give it time as this is hard stuff for your bod to get rid of

8. patrick Swartz

patrick Swartz Member

Lots of "BING CHERRY JUICE" will flush it out.

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Colcochine--don not go any where, unless a toilet is really close.

Phil Berkowitz

10. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

There are two issues at play.

First, you have excess Uric acid in your body - as this precipitates in your joints it causes inflammation (the second issue). With the inflammation comes joint pain.

There are a host of meds used to lower the uric acid level, but your are in the acute phase.

Best OTC is too use Ibuprofin & Acetaminophen at the same time - can be hard on your insides (don't do this for more than two or three days)

Cortisone is the "best" treatment for the acute condition - either injection into the joint, or orally, or both - see your doctor.

These are NOT the advice of an MD, so check with your doctor to see if these might help you...

11. JIM SIMS

JIM SIMS Member

I've had my best luck with cortisone for flare ups
    635--AMEN BRO
    GOOD LUCK
    JIM

12. dward

dward Member

I have been drinking a glass of tart cherry juice concentrate from Montmorency Cherries every day and haven't had a problem since. I always noticed that episodes would surface after a weekend when I'd drink some alcohol as it would dehydrate me and concentrate the uric acid. Also too much red meat contributes.

I've noticed a number of ads on the radio lately for Montmorency concentrate and it is advertised to help arthritis which gout is a form of.

I was prescribed the allopurinol and honestly I didn't like having to eat so many pills. So since the cherry juice + less alcohol + less red meat works for me I prefer something more natural.

I bought a case of tart cherry juice concentrate from kingorchards.com and use it every day when I remember............been about 3 years since I've had a problem.

Good Luck......Dan

13. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Cherries and Cherry juice, I was told this by a friend and didn't believe it, but it worked ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

14. kiv-c

kiv-c Member

If you are a beer drinker, STOP! Beer aggravates the problem a lot.

15. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

I hear a rumor that DMSO (dimethylsulfoxide) works great, but it's only used by Vets (You know, the ones that work on animals). Also try "Go-Out Plex" at your health food store. It contains black cherry concentrate, Celery seed, Bromelain, and Curcumin. That stuff works faster than any Rx I've found with out the side effects of Colchicine. AJ

16. dhip

dhip Active Member

Fastest????

Cut offending limb off 6" above pain area.

Otherwise,check above posts and your doctor.

Doug H.

17. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Cherry juice works for me.

And I might add, it works great!!!

Hauxfan!

18. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

endosin

19. leadvail

leadvail Member

I finally found that Prednisone is the only thing that works for me when I get my 1- 2 flare ups a year and begins to work immediatly. I was lucky about 20 years ago and found a young healthy doctor who would also get attacks. It proved to me not all doctors are the same. Some remedies some offered made things worse, diet and drugs.

Don't stay with a dr. if it isn't going away. Change!!!

Good luck, bob

20. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

Go to= I cured my gout.com something like that. There was a reference to taking 1/8 teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water three or four times a day. Yes you HAVE to cut back on other sources of sodium if trying this. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.