1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anybody have a PW Electro Drive on a 366?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

Does anyone out there use a PW Electro Drive on their Hornady 366? Can you cut a hole in the base plate to allow loaded shells to fall through the bench top?

Thanks,
    Wayne

2. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

The PW plate already has the hole cutout to allow the loaded shells to fall through. It shouldn't be difficult to determine where to drill the mounting holes to bolt down the 388, although hub alignment will be critical. The PW drive is a very nice accesory, I wish you luck with your project.

best...mike

3. leftex

leftex Active Member

Mike,

I'm speaking of the unit that is designed to be used with a 366.I watched the PW video and it didn't look like there was a shell drop hole. I would think the base plate would come with the mounting holes already drilled. Do you have the toggle switch or foot pedal?

Thanks,
    Wayne

4. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

I use and recommend the toggle. Call Whiz White for your answer as to the position of the hole, but I'd bet there is one.

best...mike

5. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

Wayne,
    I have been using one for almost 2 years without any issues. I think my S/N is 3 or 4.
    I cut a square hole adjacent to the metal plate at the end of the shell discharge chute. Then I placed a piece of metal sheet at the end of the chute tilted towards the hole in the table top. As the shell slides off the 366's chute and on to the tilted sheet metal the shell rolls sideways and drops in the hole in the table top and falls in a 5 gal bucket.
    It is not the most elegant solution but it works for me. I posted pics my unit on here when I set it up.

Maybe by now PW has notched the base plate.

Dan Gill

6. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

You can do amazing things with PVC pipe. It will guide the shells any ware you want them. That is part of the fun in all this. Building and inventing something that works.

7. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Dan, my understanding the base plates on the machine are of different thickness. Did you have to shim one or the other to have them both level with each other?

Thanks,
    Ajax

8. leftex

leftex Active Member

9. njwoodworker

njwoodworker Member

Ajax,
    Just got back to the forman and saw your question but not sure I nderstand it.
    The 366 bolts directly to the auto drive base plate and is pre drilled. If this is not what you were asking, ask again. BTW I use the foot switch.
    Dan

10. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Thanks Dan, I misunderstood. You have a Auto-Drive made especially for the 366. I thought you were using a Auto-Drive for a PW and had fit it to a 366.

Ajax

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.