1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does any one know what day it is

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Old Texas Marine, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

The day was brought to you by Mitsubishi, builder of the Zero and Betty bomber as well as much of the other war machinery of the Jap mmilitary. All you driving Jap cars must be really proud today.

Old Texas Marine

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pearl Harbor Day. Not much in the news about it. Not politically correct. How soon we forget.

3. shooter99

shooter99 Well-Known Member

Remember Pearl Harbor------BUY AMERICAN!!!!

4. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Today is the 67th anniversity of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor. I heard about it all over the news in the biginning of the day. The news was all about the president elects interview with Tom Brokaw and his take on the economy and the big three bailout or not. Now they are talking about the tax relief for the blue collar working classes. That would be me and I want a tax cut. But we will wait and see if any of that happens. I am also waiting to see if I get my tax refund from Illinois this year. I got a notice that told me how much I would get if they had the money to sent me but no checque! Hope all you guys are having a nice day I will be driving my American made car to the store and getting groceries this morning then I'll be taking my American made truck to work tomorrow morning in the early AM.:) I can remember when I was just starting to work the iron and one of the old hands was a vet of the 2nd world war and he talked about the days just following the attack on Pearl and what he and his buddys did on that day when a lot of his friends were burned and died by drowning in the ships that went under. Every time I see one of my ironworking brothers driving a foreign made car I remind them of what that old buddy told me about the Japanese and their cars. He told me"Danny, I fought those bastards and watched a lot of marine buddys die at their hands, I will never and I mean never ride in or drive or own one of their cars." I hope that our own car makers will get a bailout and start to make a profit thru hard work and good product delivery again. That remains to be seen. So does our economy and our war in Iraq. Again I hope all you trapshooters have a good holiday season and a great new year. I also hope all you guys can shoot more often than I cause I got to pull the trigger one day since the grand.:( Well we have to get our day started so I'll see you guys later. Dan

5. BRGII

BRGII TS Member

Yes Sir mr Rebel, I remember it well, the day the nips bombed Pearl Harbor and brought this great nation in to the big war. Another old fart. BRGII

6. RogerNRA

RogerNRA TS Member

I was at a family get together at my Aunt Dorothy's home. I remember playing in the back yard and someone came out of the house and said Pearl Harbor had been bombed. That did not mean a whole lot to me as I was only 4 years old. I do remember my mothers concern as we drove home wondering if my Dad would have to go to war. "Remember Pearl Harbor"...............Roger

7. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

I can only remember it through books and other people's eyes. But both of my vehicles are Fords, and my tractor is a John Deere.

8. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

Yes, Dec 7th, Pearl harbor was attacked. It's also the day we have our annual Two Bombs wern't enough for Japan Party.

9. TOOLMAKER 251

TOOLMAKER 251 Active Member

They still morn on Aug. 6th., and 9th. so why should we forget?

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Buy American while they are still being made in Canada and Mexico, unlike the Jap cars being made here in the United States by American workers making reasonable wages enough to feed their familys and pay the mortgage ... The ones who are not looking to be bailed out with your tax dollar, remember that also ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. recurvyarcher

Both of my trucks were made in Kentucky.

12. Haskins Bill

Haskins Bill TS Member

First of all thank you likes-to-shoot for putting it to YPT he needed it. On a trip to Hawaii a few years ago as my brother in law and I, both of us Vietnam vets, stood there at the Arizona memorial with tears in our eyes, my soon to be ex old lady asked what was wrong with us? She said something to the effect that neither of us had any close relatives that died that day! The bi$$h just did not GET IT! I remember as a kid in the fifties how the people of Toledo thought it was so nice for the dock workers to be making all that good money unloading shipload after shipload of Volkswagens! I remember while working in a forge shop in Chicago in the middle sixties the bitching from the Steelworkers union about having to run a certain job that used 'Belgian Iron' actually steel but you get the point. It has been a slow process, the downfall of the United States manufacturing sector. Hell on the leftist liberal college campuses in the sixties you could barely find a USA made car. Bill

13. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

It's Pearl Harbor Day. It's one of those days that Patriotic Americans remember and that the schools forget to teach. It goes in the category of the Holocaust, 9/11, the bombings of our embassies and other events of our past they try to make our children forget.

It's not politically correct to teach our children these things did happen. Kind of fits with forgetting the Constitution and do whatever you want with our government. It's called the brain washing of our youth. When us old farts are gone, so will be the past.

Gary

14. recurvyarcher

It is not gone if you keep reminding people and teaching the younger people. Don't let them forget or not know.

15. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

Oh DAMN, it's my mothers 84th birthday!! Thanks Rebel....

16. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

We can still be thankful we're Americans first thanks to our vets!

We can also thank all the politicians (both parties) that passed the legislation that allowed all this to happen to our America don't you think? This voting party affiliation is destroying our country within even faster than the Japanese bombs could have! As bad as that day was, worse is ahead for our American way of life I'm afraid.

Anyone shooting German or Italian made guns? Hap

17. AJ100

AJ100 TS Member

Tom(AJ100)

18. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I understand completely whats being said and understand the emotions connected to it ... The fact that the United States of America will probably go broke without the Japs and their being here has some merit in the "now" time and not 60 years ago ... The Japs got what they had coming after they blindsided Pearl Harbor and have been instrimental in the progress's of the United States ever since the ending of the war ... That was then, this is now ...

Recurvy: Dig a little deeper and you will see if it was not for Canada and or Mexico your trucks would of never been built ... Thats just the way it is ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

19. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

The Japanese people themselves were not the problem. The military war fanatics got hold of the reins and took over the country.

2 nuclear bombings put them down for an occupation and accomanying loss of face that lasted half a century.

As far as the Japanese cars go, greedy slothful American Big Business types with their screw the consumer attitude made it possible for them to get their foothold.

Anyone who bought the junk Detroit was making in the 70's suffered.

America was ripe for the picking.

Yes, remember Pearl Harbor. And give thanks to the people who gave their lives for the next 5 years to preserve our freedom.

There were plenty of older brothers, uncles and fathers who never came home when I was growing up.

Too bad it didn't end there.

HM

20. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what today is.

Thanks to all veterans for our freedom. Your sacrifice to our nation and people is honorable, and we owe you our deepest gratitude!

God bless you,

milt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.