1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does any company chamber a rifle for 7x57?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ajax, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

What sites(other than the normal factory sites) would I visit to find out? Do the rifle shooters have a site similar to TS.com?

Thanks in advance,

Ajax

2. Jollytrapshooter

Jollytrapshooter Member

There are lots of sites out there "similar to ts.com". Most of what you'll find are benchrest sites such as 6mmBR.com or Benchrest.com and are both full of information. The 7x57 mauser is discussed quite often. Hope this helps, Josh.

3. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

The only one I found in current U.S. production is Ruger Nr. one.

4. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

My kid had a ruger bolt action, old style in 7x57. It was a fine deer gun.

Parent round for 6MM Remmy and 257 Roberts. this case is every bit as good as the 308 for performance. Just a little longer, some short actions may not be able to feed it.

I have a Roberts in a 722 and can't lengthen the rounds if I want to feed them from the box.

6AI is damn fine long range varmint medicine.

I would hope there are some offerings presently, it's just a little better than 7mm-08.

HM

5. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The Remington 700 was made in 7 Mauser.. and can still be had thru the custom shop.. Ruger makes a 7 Mauser and Mauser still makes a 7 Mauser as well as most european gun manufacturers.. CZ makes one also.. and Howa.. and BSA..

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Great Cartridge and often overlooked. I had an old Interarms Mauser action barreled in 7X57. It would do well for all North American game except the big bears. Load it down with the lighter bullets and it does well for varmints in a pinch. Factory ammo was hard to find, but it's no problem for a reloader.

7. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Buy it's prettier sister, a 7mm-08, and enjoy a slightly better round.

8. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

Only in your dreams is the 7mm-08 better. The 7x57 has more powder capacity. Loaded to the same pressure levels, it gives more speed. That's like saying the .243 (same case as the 7mm-08) is better than the 6mm Remington (same case as the 7x57).

9. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

A friend has a Rem.700 in 7x57 and its a great shooting rifle! Accuracy and small group sizes at 100 yards is amazing with that dandy rifle.

Hap

10. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

I love the 7X08.. and built one log before it was a factory round.. But the best.. cheapest benchrest rifle I ever built was a 20" Shillen bull barrel in 7 Mauser I put on a Mark X action.. Bought the barrel at the Houston gun show back in the early 70's for $50.00.. new.. short chambered..and threaded.. I had many 100 yard groups 5 shot under .500 It just shot..flat out shot.. Having said all that.. for smaller game.. the 6.5X55 Mauser has no equal.. Even the old Army rifles shot fantastic and Remington made a few of those too..

The 7X08 can come very close with the lighter weight bullets to a 7 Mauser.. but as the bullets get heavier.. nothing beats case capacity.. Like the 308 and 30-06.. With 130 grain.. they can do the same thing.. but once you hit or go beyond 180 grain bullet.. the 06 just keep pulling away.. hit 250 grain..and they are in 2 different levals of performance..

All Good.. mike

11. Danny56

Danny56 TS Member

7mm Mauser and 7x57 are the same cartridge. This was the Granddaddy of all rifles.

12. itsnotyou

itsnotyou Member

I have a Winhester Model 70 Featherweight in 7X57 that I bought quite a few years back. Its a good shooter.

Jack

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

does anyone chamber a new rifle in 7x57