1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Does 20 fps make that much difference or is it me.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 682 Adam, Jan 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

We have got our State championships coming up this weekend, and I cant get my normal (or any) 1300fps loads for the event.

So..yesterday I purchased a case of same brand 1320fps loads, and proceeded to shoot 3 rounds to try them out, I couldnt hit the side of a barn with them !!!

Now...the other thing was that the club I went to, I hadent been to for nearly 3 years because of a unfriendly crowd and lots of club politics...Im sure we all know what I mean...now not only that but they were throwing the worst targets that I have seen, everthing going left seemed to only go half the distance and was curling onto its edge!!

Im a bit confused as to what was the cause...can 20fps really make a difference to your pattern.

Adam

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

Zero. Just a figment of your fevered imagination. Either that, or a steady diet of 1300 fps loads has scrambled your brain. If you're sensitive enough to feel 20 fps, those things have got to be killing you.

Just curious...what event and state are holding a championship in January?

3. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Tasmania Buzz...Australia

And its not that im feeling any difference its just that the shot looks good when i pull the trigger and then no breaking target, I didnt think 1300 loads were that heavy..

4. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

10 outta 10 times the speed of the target will have much more to do with your sudden missing than the humanly imperceptible + 20 fps that your shot is traveling. By-the-way, you are shooting 1 or 7/8's ounce loads, right?

5. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

28 gram loads Barry..which i think is 1oz.

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

10-4 Hope you have a great state shoot. Good luck.

7. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

What shells were you using mate and what did you try?

Just cause their the same brand they may be totally different eg. Our rubbish Aussie made winchesters and the good USA stuff, chalk and cheese.

I have been using the Falcon Olympic 2000 shells with good results, they are 1300 (claimed) and reasonably priced, but the 1325 Falcon elite don't pattern well in my gun with the same choke.

As far as missing targets, I think the confidence in the shells is a big part, and crap thrown targets!

8. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

G'day Dan

Was using Falcon olympic 28s, now got Falcon Elite 28s

9. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Get the club 28 instead they are closer to the Olympics than the elites

10. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Thought about that...but the clubs are 1250, i figured the elites would be closer to the mark, anyway im gonna go and do some wednesday practise and see how i go shooting the rest of this carton...if no good....ill try the clubs, there cheaper too.

You should come down for the state shoot some time....I heard that there is 192 mainlanders pre-nomed for it allready

11. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Sounds like a good roll up. I remember a guy named Graham Blaskett I think his name was? He was a good shot from Tassy. I made the Australian Macintosh team with him once.

The clubs are a better second choice than elites, believe me I have tried them all.

Good luck mate

12. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Aussie DAn... What's a "roll up" mate?

13. Aussie Dan

Aussie Dan Member

Roll up- Aussie saying for attendance. A good roll up means it sound like there is plenty of people attending.

Examples- this is a great roll up,
    when are you going to roll up
    How much of a roll up did you have

14. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

I know Graeme or "Blaz" very well I shoot with him often....
    Should be a cracker of a roll up mate, we normally get 300 odd

15. SongDogSniper

SongDogSniper Member

I think a bunch of us Yanks should put together a road trip!!!! Who's got a rv we can load up in?
    Can't take us that long to get there, can it? I'll get directions on Google!

Have a great shoot down under, guys!!!! You're sure making all of us jealous!!!

16. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Mac1

Exactly how do you know the shot string on a 1 1/8 load at 1200 fps is 20 feet long?

17. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

He used a tape measure. HMB

18. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

I seem to notice the difference in timing at 20fps. Big difference at 50fps. Perhaps it not all visual, perhaps quality of break, also.

19. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

*snicker*

20. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Hmm, maybe I'm just dull, but I can't tell much difference shooting singles, regardless of whether I shoot 1180 fps shells or 1350 fps shells.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.