1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dodge Sprinter RV

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jul 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Thinking about buying a Dodge sprinter RV. This will be used primarily to going to shoots in excess of 200 miles. I 'll still be staying in motels but need a place to freshen up and relax between events. Anyone have one? Looking for the pros & cons of this unit.

Thanx--Phil Berkowitz

2. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Do a search for reviews of the Sprinter. It might help you decide.

Eric

3. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Look into those that are converted into mini campers, you might change your mind on those motels. The convenience of staying right at the shoots (when possible) is really nice. Those are also small enough to use for your running around, so you don't have to tow a car. (like we do) Ross Puls

4. tj303

tj303 Member

Here is your vehicle. Not mine, saw on craigslist.

http://ithaca.craigslist.org/rvs/2447662762.html

5. Tracer

Tracer Member

I have a Sprinter and love it. It is has lots of room for 1 or 2 people and is very comfortable. It gets upward of 25 mpg and has plenty of power. Mine has the 5 cyl Mercedies engine. Wish I had bought one years ago. Down side is that if you have repairs to be made it is expensive. I had an alternator go out last year and the part alone was $450. I like it because it is not tiring to drive and you can park it in any place you can get a pickup truck.
    Del

6. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

BUDDY OF MINE HAS ONE. LOVES THE ECONOMY. REMEMBER IT IS MADE IN GERMANY BY MERCEDES. BECAUSE OF THAT PARTS ARE EXPENSIVE, BUT THE AFTERMARKET IS STARTING TO SUPPLY SOME MAINTENANCE PARTS LIKE BRAKES AND SHOCKS ETC.

7. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Didn't you talk yourself out of this a couple of years ago when you were thinking about it?

ss

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

This is really all you need. The good old VW Camper van. Find one restored. These suckers are actually pretty cool little campers. Its not got a ton of space but everything you need. It makes good use of all the space. My buddy had one he restored. He used it for deer camp. I should have bought it.

grntitan_2009_250397.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.