1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Dodge lifetime warranty

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by LUGNUTZ426, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LUGNUTZ426

LUGNUTZ426 TS Member

Truck buyers....If you "run em into the ground" Now is the time to buy a Dodge
    truck or car.
    LIFETIME Powertrain Warranty. Before they come to their senses!!!!

2. Billster

Billster TS Member

IT'S TRUE! Yesterday went with the girlfriend...she bought an '07 Liberty..they're practically giving them away to make room for 08's. Lifetime PT warranty. Almost fell off the chair.

3. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

that's a mistake. chrysler and dodges break alot. i know i buy everything out there.

4. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

We can only hope they'll stay in business long enough for us to enjoy the benefits of that policy!!

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Toyota also.

If prices are comparable, I probably would go Toyota. Friends with Dodges say dealers use every excuse in the book to get out of claims.

HM

6. ec90t

ec90t Guest

One thing to keep in mind about the warranty, it is against factory defects! This won't cover the owner if it is just worn out. 150,000mi. and the transmission goes out, they will tell you that is the life of that part. If a factory defect does exist in a part, the part will fail long before it wears out. Whether the warranty is 100,000mi or lifetime, it will be the same for the manufacture.

Pat has it right. Look at the fine print and you'll see what I'm talking about!

ec90t

7. jnoemanh

jnoemanh TS Member

Zippo lighters and Craftsman tools really do honor lifetime warranties. Of all others, beware and read the fine print.

8. smartass

smartass TS Member

Shame on Dodge for screwing their customers like this !!!!! You boys just can't find enough to bitch about.

9. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

actually, it's probably a smart move on their part.

I'm sure to keep your warranty in force you'll have to follow the prescribed maintenance schedule. Doubt many folks do that. And those that do, the cost of having your friendly dodge dealer keep up with all that will generate enough revenue that Dodge won't much mind replacing a tranny or two...

Having said that, I got the wife a Durango 4 years ago, and it's been a fine car.

10. smartass

smartass TS Member

For all you folks who would love that warranty on your diesel trucks, fogetaboutit- diesels are exempted from the lifetime warranty.

11. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Go ahead and buy a dodge, you`ll need the warranty.

Tom R.

12. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"Zippo lighters and Craftsman tools really do honor lifetime warranties."</i>

I don't know anything about Zippo, but the Craftsman tool "lifetime" warranty is only on tools that have no moving parts.

I had the pawl in my all-metal torque wrench break a tooth. Took it back to Sears and they replaced it with one that's half plastic. I asked about the lifetime warranty and the sales guy smiles and says "If it has moving parts, the warranty is 90 days."

Andy

13. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Andy -

That's not quite right. Craftsman "hand tools". Pliers, adjustable wrenches, side cutters, socket wrenches etc... are all covered - "power tools" are exempt from the lifetime warranty.

Respectfully,
    Jay Spitz

14. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

The last Dodge I bought will be the last Dodge I bought. Length of warranty has no bearing on getting warranty work done. I could go through a laundry list of warranty repairs that were done on my Dodge. The problem was that every single one of them required a battle with the Factory Service Rep to get it covered under warranty. I’ll just give you one example.

Set cruise control at 65 and a few seconds later the truck would accelerate as much as 15 mph on it’s own. Took it to the dealer they had if for the day and said “it was within tolerance”. The service manager pointed to a service bulletin stating that the cruise can fluctuate +/- 3mph and that is what it did when the tech drove it. I made an appointment to see the factory rep on his next trip. Dropped off the truck on that day came back at the end of the day and ask the rep what they found. He said, “ it’s within tolerance”. I ask him if he drove it and he said “no but the tech did and it preformed within tolerance”. It then took me 20min of arguing to get him to go for a ride (he went because I wouldn’t leave unless he did). I drove, went to the freeway set the cruise at 65 and it climbed to 87 on it’s own. I turned it off. Reset it at 65 and it climbed to 90. I looked at him and ask if that was within tolerance and in a pissed off way he said he would replace the unit. This was not the first nor last time this same type of thing happened.

The list.

Brakes
    Cruise
    Torque Converter
    Fuel Pump
    Electric Seat Motor

All minor problems that could have and should have been fixed. But every one was a battle with the Factory Rep out of Phoenix. Every one took at least 3 calls waiting on hold for an average of 5min with the customer service line. Not only with this truck but also with my sons Mitsubishi (owned by Daimler also).

I will never own another Daimler product as long as I live. It’s not the quality or the warranty, it’s the BS hoop jumping you have to do for them to fix anything. It’s seems like SOP is to initially decline all warranty and only do warranty after a battle with the customer. I’ve read that it’s the same with all Daimler products Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, Mitsubishi and Mercedes.

15. C H S

C H S TS Member

<I>"Craftsman "hand tools". Pliers, adjustable wrenches, side cutters, socket wrenches etc... are all covered - "power tools" are exempt from the lifetime warranty."</I>

Well, I would consider my torque wrench a "hand tool" and here's what the warranty information says:

<CENTER>FULL 90-DAY WARRANTY ON<br>CRAFTSMAN MICROTORK®<br>MICRO ADJUSTING TORQUE WRENCH
    If within 90 days from the date of purchase, this Craftsman<br>Microtork® torque wrench fails, due to a defect in material<br>or workmanship, Sears will repair or recalibrate it free of charge.
    LIMITED WARRANTY
    After 90 days and until one year from the date of purchase,<BR>Sears will repair any defect in material or workmanship in<br>the torque wrench free of charge. This warranty coverage<br>does not include recalibration.</center>
    There's more but it has to do with rights.

Andy

16. juststartin'

juststartin' Member

Well, whoever is interested, and for what it's worth...The '08 3500's can be bought with the Cummins Diesel AND an ALLISON transmission!!!! Came straight from the dealer's mouth in the Chicagoland area...Tom

17. smartass

smartass TS Member

Tom, please tell me that you don't really believe anything a dealer says.

18. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

That's right Tom, listen to Anonymous he is right about everything, just read all his previous threads. Bill

19. smartass

smartass TS Member

Wassa matter Bill- are you a car dealer? LMAO

20. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

make sure to read the warranty. I believe there is a list of vehicles that it DOES NOT cover.
    THIS INFORMATION CAME FROM A GM WEB BULLETIN I RECEIVE
    STILL THE BEST: THE GENERAL MOTORS 5 YEAR/100,000 MILE POWERTRAIN WARRANTY . . . Chrysler recently unveiled a Lifetime Powertrain Warranty. But it’s a quality statement that still doesn’t quite measure up, from GM's perspective. GM believes that our 5 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty continues to be the better choice. Length of time is not the sole factor in comparing manufacturers’ warranties. GM coverage focuses on the complete ownership experience and includes other provisions that our competitors do not offer, including transferability to the next owner and more complete coverage of parts. In addition, GM offers superior complementary programs, like courtesy transportation and roadside assistance. In other words, GM takes care of the vehicle and the owner, which is a competitive advantage. Of greater importance, GM has the quality to back-up the coverage we offer.

Judge for yourself! Chrysler's Lifetime Powertrain Warranty covers 2008 model year vehicles delivered on or after July 26. By contrast, the GM 5 Year/100,000 Mile Powertrain Warranty covers 2007 and 2008 model year vehicles, as well as eligible 2002-2006 GM Certified Used Vehicles. The Chrysler warranty applies to the original owner only; GM coverage is transferable from owner to owner for 5 years or 100,000 miles (whichever comes first). Chrysler coverage requires an inspection by an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep dealer every five years; no inspection is required in connection to GM coverage.

Most importantly, ALL 2007 and 2008 GM passenger car/light duty trucks are covered by the GM warranty. Chrysler's warranty coverage comes complete with a laundry list of exclusions, including: SRT vehicles, Sprinter, all Ram Cab/Chassis; vehicles equipped with diesel engines; rentals; government vehicles; and those vehicles used by police or as taxis, limousines, postal vehicles and ambulances.

MOTORDOC

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.