1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

doctors

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 1onadraw, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1onadraw

1onadraw TS Member

Doctors:
    (A) The number of physicians in the U.S. is 700,000.
    (B) Accidental deaths caused by Physicians per year are 120,000.
    (C) Accidental deaths per physician are 0.171.
    Statistics courtesy of U.S. Dept of Health Human Services.

Now think about this:

Guns:
    (A) The number of gun owners in the U.S. is 80,000,000. (Yes, that's 80 million.)
    (B) The number of accidental gun deaths per year, all age groups, is 1,500.
    (C) The number of accidental deaths per gun owner is 0.00188.

Statistics courtesy of FBI

So, statistically:
    doctors are approximately 9,000 times more dangerous than gun owners.

Remember, "Guns don't kill people, doctors do."

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    What's fun is throwing that out whenever some anti-gun doctor is spewing off on a liberal website. Cuts them right down to size.

3. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

I'd agree, but can you differentiate that it is medical doctors that are killing people and not us chiropractors. LOL We generally dont kill our patients.

4. doc boc

doc boc Member

So tell me how many lives did you save this week. When was the last time you spent all night in a hospital fighting to save someones life. And I'm sure you spent thge better part of your youth studying biological science and the healing arts.

Perhaps you live your life under the threat of malpractice or have your income and future controlled by the government. Perhaps one day when some one you care about needs life saving medical care and all the medical doctors in your are on STRIKE! Of course you could always take them to a chiropractor and ask him to perform cardiac by pass.

DOC BOC

5. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Brian I suggest the next time you need surgery don't go to the dangerous doctors. Run to your nearest neighbor who is a NRA member and owns a gutting knife and tell him what you need done.

This incredibly stupid statistic shows up periodically on this forum and a little thought would put it to rest.

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

And I thought lawyers were touchy!!!!!!!!!

7. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

yeah, I would guess a fairly high % of folks who are going to a dr. are sick and going to die anway

8. 1onadraw

1onadraw TS Member

You guys are awful touchy.

My point was NOT that Doctors are bad.

My point was that statistics can be twisted to support any side
    of an issue wanted without regard to the real truth.

that is all.

9. oz

oz Active Member

don't forget that a large percentage of shooting/gun accidents are trained professionals, ie: police officers, etc. oz

10. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

doc boc
    you do seem a little too touchy. Sorry you feel the way that you do, but chiropractors (at least the ones i know) never claim to be medical doctors or that we save lives. If i have a patient that has a medical condition i refer them to a medical doctor. Hate to tell you this, but even though we have the lowest malpractice insurance premiums in the entire healthcare field, the government and insurance companies totally dictate what they will reimburse us for our service and even for what they will pay for.

so the next time someone you care about has a headache and they need an upper cervical spinal adjustment i'll send them to a cardiologist for an adjstment.

11. docrtaylor

docrtaylor TS Member

JayZap, No i am in PA, and not too far from that area, but am not the same guy.

12. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Tron, You`re right, I did, but in western NY it`s a true statement.

Tom R.

13. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Aw man you`re taking all the fun out of it. LOL

Tom R.

14. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

tommyterex

Yeah that Tron has connection's all right.

im sure he is doing the Jo Boxer dance right now.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Foggy

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

Tommy, Don't let Tron push you around. He acts like he's the site bully, But in reality he's just another keyboard sissy. Next time just hammer him right back and he'll run away just like the big wuss he is.

Welcome and have some fun.

Jim :)

16. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Foggy, and Jim, I`ve been around this site for awhile, I just don`t post very often. As for Tron I figured he was trolling as usual, but I didn`t want this thread to get deleted like DR. ZARAS do.

1onadraw, sorry for stealing your thread.

Tom R.

17. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

tommyterex:

Oh I didn't read the first post the stat's have been floating around in a lot of forward email's for awhile anyway.

I kind of like the latter post on the thread anyway so go ahead and steal away but better watch out for tron because he is also a master plumber.

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Fog

18. TommyTEREX

TommyTEREX Member

Foggy, As long as I`m stealing anyway, just want to say thanks. I`m a retired heavy equipment mech. who got crushed when the boom of a machine fell on me, and on some nights when my back is real bad I can come on here and usualy get a chuckle out of some of the threads, especially the ones with your added visuals.

Tom R.

19. 12Gagejon

12Gagejon Member

1ondraw: Don't be telling your doctor that when he's doing a finger wave on you!

Jon PS I take my Doctor and his son shooting

20. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

tommyterex:

Ok so i guess that you know all about Tron then he is a reformed pot stirrer he even has some good advice from time to time but he still likes to throw the hook out to see what he can snag on to.

One thing about this site you can ask a question at 3 a.m in the morning and most of the time you will get a quick reply of course it might not be the one you are looking for but at least it's better than waiting for a week on them fancy looking sites.

Ok I never sleep even though I have to go to work at 6 in the mornings.

Well sorry about the accident I know it can be painful at times.because I have trouble sleeping myself and im sure I don't have as many pains as you do.

Maybe you need to get a thread mill to work out the kinks.

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i29.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid29.photobucket.com/albums/c265/gdarnell/video/Fitness_Studio_mr.flv"></embed>

Foggy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.