1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you use a Release Trigger !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by cec, Aug 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cec

cec TS Member

Do you use a Release Trigger Decal on your release trigger guns? We do and had a hard time finding these once popular decals. For safty sake, we produced some great decals for those who shoot release triggers. Those gun should be cearly marked. The decals can be viewed at the above URL. Hope this helps.

2. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Yes, I do & I have never had to pay for a release decal. It is not required on guns in trap shooting. I am the only one who shoots my gun. A pretty feeble attempt at advertizing. We trap shooters are not that dumb.

Phil Berkowitz

3. Tom Strunk

Tom Strunk Well-Known Member

I have used a release trigger for over 30 years on my target guns. No, I have never used a decal to advertise the fact as I am the only one that shoots my guns 99.9% of the time. When I let someone test shoot it they are instructed that it has a release trigger.

There is no safety issue here as my gun is never out of my sight. Don't quit your day job.

Tom Strunk

4. cec

cec TS Member

WOW, Trap shooter sarcasm at its very best. We didn't produce the Release trigger decals for the dumb, but for the smart. I'm sure you agree, anything that increases the safety factor in sport shooting is a good thing. If you choose not to identify your gun as having a release trigger, so be it. But, your criticism of us who do is unwarranted. I sure pity the guy who picks up your gun by mistake, it happens often. When an unsuspecting shooter fires a release there is a serious safety issue. Actually, the owner of an unmarked gun could be liable.

Bob Hartman

5. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Yes I shoot a release trigger and if someone picks up my gun he is stealing it out of my truck . I don,t put my gun in a gun rack and walk off . I really think a sticker on a pull trigger makes more sense ??

6. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

If you could incorporate the magic dots and the release trigger stickers - I would buy some:)

FRedmon

7. phirel

phirel TS Member

Anyone who picks up my gun by mistake would surely need more than a release trigger sticker to be safe. This will make a lot of sense to the few who have seen my gun.

Bob- can you make a sticker to match my marbled red paint job and will fit on the thin rod at the bottom of my red Precision Fit Stock?

Pat Ireland

8. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Fred, my current Infinity is unique by itself & the one I'm getting any day is truly unique & the trigger is engraved with a big "R"

Phil Berkowitz

9. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

"Actually, the owner of an unmarked gun could be liable."

Pure BS.

10. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I think its more of an issue paying for them. People who install them
    ( release triggers )usually place a decal on the gun-some owners remove them or let them go once they fall off.

There have been threads here about people looking for a replacement and many responded giving them out for free

so if you are charging a fee you will most likely get some heat for advertising something that most can get for the asking.

Me, I have one and would get another if it fell off-just my opinion.

I don't care if you charge or not-its not an issue for me but I'd ask around for a free one if I could......if I couldn't find one I call the people who installed my triggers. I'd bet they would provide one for free.

11. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

It's a good idea and is just another ounce of safety. All gunsmiths don't give them away and many will sell them to you.

If you don't think you could be held liable for an error in someones part in picking up your gun and someone is then injured as a result of your release trigger. That someone was not aware of it being a release because it was not marked then hold onto your butt. It is customary for a release to be marked by the gunsmith or the company who installed the trigger therefore the custom has been established.

But get off the butt cheeks of someone who is trying to help the shooters.

Don

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Why is anyone making an issue about someone offering a reasonable service for a reasonable fee? Damn......

Some of you sound like my wife.....

13. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

Actually, Bob, a pull trigger mistakenly in the hands of release shooter is worse. The expected "click" becomes a "bang," which can be more dangerous than a gun that is certainly pointed downrange because the shooter was intending to fire it but only got a "click."

If anyone ought to have a sticker defacing their gun, it should be those folks who shoot one of those goofy triggers that make the gun go off when you pull it.

So when you gonna start peddling "P" stickers?

Ed

14. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I'd kinda sorta like to have a few that says, P&R in the center with the word,"sometimes" surrounding the P&R. Would that protect me from a lawsuit if someone stole my gun?

A lawyer can sue you for anything, anywhere and anytime and you could be arrested for carrying a concealed ham samich too, in some places? Hapster:)

15. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Don't feel bad though fellas, i got the same bashing when i came on here one time looking for a "R" sticker for my new gun. It just bugs some people for no reason at all. If your not using or wanting one move on. You don't have to slam everything you don't use or agree with.----Matt

16. biff

biff Active Member

I took an orange target sticker which is a little larger than a quarter and used a felt tip marker pen and make a nice capital "R" on it then stuck it pistol grip cap. Use your imagination to save yourself a few bucks! Or to protect yourself from a lawsuit, put a trigger lock on it when you are not on the line with it shooting.....wear the key on a cord around your neck and be a latch key shooter of the highest order!!! Biff

17. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

I shoot a release and do not let my gun out of my immediate area. If you touch my gun you will not get it far enough off the rack to test the trigger much less put a bullet in it and find out how it goes bang. What a dumb thread.

18. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

LOL. I didn't say someone couldn't get sued, I said he wouldn't be found liable. As soon as someone picks up the gun without permission he has gained unlawful possession. Like if someone stole your car, drove 100 mph and got killed when a tire blewout. Too bad, not your fault.

Further, it would have to be presumed that a sticker with an "R" on it was universally recognized as to its meaning, like a skull and cross bones signifying poison. As such, an "R" sticker would not be considered constructive notice to the average person of any particular danger. An "R" sticker is only of value to those who know that it indicates a release trigger.

If you want constructive notice your sticker better say in big type in English and Spanish(at least), something along the following:

"DANGER! DO NOT handle this firearm without the owner's expressed permission! This firearm is actuated by a trigger that only fires the weapon when it is pulled back and then released. If you are not trained to operate such a trigger you should not attempt to use this firearm until such time as you have been qualified in the operation of a trigger that fires when it is released rather than pulled. Any failure in operating this trigger in the manner for which it was designed may result in serious injury or death to you or others within a 300 yard radius."

19. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Huh?

20. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Hate to tell you this but if someone steals your car you can still be liable.

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

is a release trigger abad thing for beginner trap shooter

what percent of trap shooters use release triggers