1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you throw away your magazines when empty?

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Brian in Oregon, Apr 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    This idiot seems to think so. Apparently she doesn't understand that magazines can be reloaded.

CO State Rep. Diana DeGette (D) "I will tell you these are ammunition, they’re bullets, so the people who have those now they’re going to shoot them, so if you ban them in the future, the number of these high capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available." (April 2, 2013, Denver Post forum)

Yeah, that's a classic example of people who know NOTHING about guns but somehow are intelligent enough to make gun laws.

2. CharlieAMA

CharlieAMA TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick- You didn't go listen to your ruler give a talk?

3. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

I also know there are 51 states not 57 ha ha ha!!!

And I was on an island that almost tipped over when we all ran to the one end!!

4. Brian in Oregon

I think it's just terrible that seven states are missing. Think of all those poor people who were in them.

5. Brian in Oregon

DeGette's "magazine" comment was not the only controversial thing she said during the forum.

She laughed off a senior citizen's concern about his ability to defend himself by saying the "DPD would be there in minutes."

"You'd probably be dead anyway," she added.

More of her incredibly ignorant drivel at the link.

6. JH

JH Well-Known Member

And why do people of that ILK get into positions of power?

BECAUSE EVEN MORE STUPID PRO-GUN VOTERS DID NOT VOTE OR WORSE, WASTED THEIR VOTES ON UNELECTABLE CANDIDATES......

Vote INTELLIGENTLY next election. Defeat all liberals!

7. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

The 7 missing states;

1)Wishful thinking

2)Delusion

3)Incompetence

4)Ignorance

5)Hysteria

6)Inability

7)Ineptness

Rep. DeGette appears to have lived in all of them at one time.

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

IF...and that's a HUGE if.
    IF there is anyone left in Colorado who actually has ANYthing resembling a backbone..they would be initiating impeachment proceedings against Rep. DeGette immediately. She is clearly not sufficiently competent to be actually voting on laws that will impact the lives of the citizens of her state.

This level of ignorance is frightening. Reminds me of Congressman Hank Johnson (D-Ga.)announcing on the House Floor that he feared sending additional troops would cause Guam to tip over.
    Gee...ya know looking at it...what do these two pathetic individuals have in common...????
    hmmm...you don't think it's merely the "D" do ya..???

9. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

The part that really ticks me off...............It is people like this, who have no knowledge of the real world, they are making the laws for you and I to follow.

I doubt she could pour water(You know what I wanted to say) out of a boot without the directions being printed on the heel.

Hauxfan!

10. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Or what she might have been thinking about is cutting down or making it harder to obtain ammunition?

I have always said that a "lead" tax would be the end for recreational shooting-- just claiming this is an environmental tax to clean up the results of lead pollution from leaded gas, other industries== and nothing to do with shooting

About 8 years ago they actually tried that- a 1 dollar a pound tax= of course one can just add 25 dollars to the price a bag of shot and see what that effect would be

Clearly though this speaker was confused or unable to communicate accurately on this topic , whatever her point was supposed to be

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

Re-using magazines is like eating left-overs . . . uncivilized. Please, have the good taste to use a new magazine every time. :)

12. primed

primed Well-Known Member

You only have part of the story. There is the explanatin below.

Wait, she didn’t mean magazines, obviously. According to her spokeswoman, Juliet Johnson, firearms authority Rep. DeGette meant to say that clips would be used up, not magazines. The Denver Post reports:

“The congresswoman has been working on a high-capacity assault magazine ban for years and has been deeply involved in the issue; she simply misspoke in referring to ‘magazines’ when she should have referred to ‘clips,’ which cannot be reused because they don’t have a feeding mechanism,” Johnson said.

Johnson called the attacks "just another example of opponents of common-sense gun-violence prevention trying to manipulate the facts to distract from the critical issue of keeping our children safe and keeping killing machines out of the hands of disturbed individuals. It's more political gamesmanship that stands in the way of responsible solutions."

Now we don't have to speculate on what she meant. Her spokesperson cleared it all up for us. It's the opponents of gun control that are manipulating facts.

13. Brian in Oregon

Apparently someone has been smoking a lot of pot in Calorado long before it became legal.

14. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Damn!! Should I use her logic with my beer glasses and coffee cups.

Doug

15. Brian in Oregon

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

I heard that those States that disappeared, where boycotted States. LOL

17. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Rick Barker: thank you for the explanation and education on just how pathetic that situation is.
    primed...That "explanation" from the "firearm expert" Juliet Johnson is so ludicrous as to not merit comment. Perhaps that's their strategy...throw stuff up that leaves intelligent, common sense people simply speechless..!!!

Boys...we're sinking fast..!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.