1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DO YOU THINK THIS IS A GOOD DEAL.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by 682 Adam, Feb 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Im new to these forums and fairly new to trap shooting aswell (3 years) i should also point out that im from Australia aswell.

A guy that I shoot whith has asked me to swap my 2 year old 682 gold E, plus $4000 (aus) which is aprox $3500 (us), for his mx-2000 from 2000 which is in really good condition and hasnt seen much use.

Being new to this game i was wondering if its a good deal.

Cheers
    Adam

2. Bocephas

Bocephas Well-Known Member

Adam, first off welcome aboard.
    As far as good deal or bad deal.Don't know.

Bo

3. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Welcome to TS. Need more onfo in order to give an opinion. Both guns combo guns or O/U's or what? Barrel lengths?

4. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

my 682 is a bit of a hybrid, Beretta Aust put it together for me, its got 32" trap barrels but with optima chokes both barrels, a trap action but with a sporter stock with adjustable comb, in Oz we dont get the combos with single barrels like you guys get in the US.

The p-gun is a 30 inch trap gun with a adjusty choke in bottom barrel, it does come with two stocks. ones a left hand stock with adjusty comb and the other, which is on the gun, is a normal right hand one.other than that it pretty standard.

Im right handed so the left hooker can go to a good home if i get it

5. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Depends if you'd rather have the P-gun, or the B-gun and $4000.

How come the buddy wants your gun instead of his own????

6. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

I'll counter that. I've owned both. I WILL NOT own another 682E trap gun. Since then I've owned 3 Perazzis. No contest. Knowing what I know now, If someone had suggested I swap by 682 Gold E combo, or O/U for almost any Perazzi Combo or O/U (assuming good condition), I'd take advantage of the snook offering the trade.

7. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

code5,
    the guy needs the coin for personal issues.

I kinda would like a p-gun, over here they are more a "players" gun than the Beretta, which everone has,

maybe its just the "wannabe" in me.

it also seems that my Beretta has become loose in the action quickly, im shooting about 100-150 targets a week and its already way easy to open and will swing a bit when open, and its only 2 years old, any thoughts.....

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

682 Adam- The Perazzi is a fine gun. To me, the primary factor is which gun do you shoot better? I would trade my K-80 for a Rem. 870 if it would help my shooting. Wouldn't shooting doubles with a pump gun and a release trigger be fun?

Adam- I have an unrelated question. Do Australian shooters have a pouch under their bellies like Kangaroos to store their empty hulls? Seems to me that one would be very handy.

Pat Ireland

9. redix

redix TS Member

I've have an MX19RS Combo, a 682 X Trap & a 682 Sporter. The P gun's balance is superior to the Beretta's
    & I believe it will keep its value better. The deal seems OK, but could stand a bit of reduction in the amount of cash involved.

10. redix

redix TS Member

Correction: MX10RS

11. 682 Adam

682 Adam TS Member

Thanks for the info guys

Pat, No we dont have pouches in the front......But we do hop from lane to lane....

I had a look at the P-gun last night and it seems a lot quicker to swing probly down to the shorter barrels but i noticed that the weight difference in the barrels is only 60grams.

Congrats to the NY Giants fans, I watched the second half of the game this morning. man it must be tuff to go through an entire season only to lose the big one.

It seems that there arn't to many ozzies on this forum...we dont have any forums such as this here which is a shame

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.