1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

DO YOU SMOKE WHEN RELOADING

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by hoot619, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hoot619

hoot619 Member

go outside make sure no wind put 1/4 or less teaspoon of gun powder on ground. Light with long taper or stick. I think you will quit smoking while loading. That damn heat and flash it gives off will scare the crap out of you. I was damn lucky screwing around one day -making a powder trail . Ken U They call me the Finnish Genius because of crap like this

2. oz

oz Active Member

SL900.... that's like sayng "I been drinking water all my life so I guess tying a cinder block around my neck and jumping in the river won't bother me."

3. johnboy

johnboy Member

Smoking while doing anything or nothing is risky.

4. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Now we know why some animals eat their own children.

5. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yes, and then the next smoke I have is while pumping gas. DUH !!!!!!!!

6. 8 Straight

8 Straight Active Member

I don't even smoke when I'm NOT reloading. I can pi$$ away money fast enough supporting my shooting habits without paying $6 for a pack of coffin nails.

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Gave up the smoking years ago, but I'll never forget an older friend who smoked and watched TV while loading with his PW while sittng on a stool. I guess one night a spark got where it shouldn't have and sent the whole powder tube up in a flash, scaring the crap out of poor Luke who fell over backwards off the stool. He never smoked again while loading and we sure enjoyed the laughs.

8. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

Well, now that you mention it.............

Back when I did smoke, I think I did reload while smoking.

Never blew anything up, so I must have been safe.

Although looking back now, I'd say it was rather foolish (and dumb.

Hauxfan!

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Only when I don't grease my elbow.

10. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

I don't know, I never looked! (sorry)

LA in MA

11. Bob M

Bob M Member

If you are smoking while loading, you should probably slow down a bit. It will be hard on the press.

12. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

Porcupine, that reminded me of a joke there were two blondes talking and one asked the other, "Do you smoke after sex?" and she answered "I don't know I never looked"

13. warren

warren Member

I own tobacco stocks which pay a very nice dividend please keep sucking on them.

warren

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

This can't be a real question - gotta be trolling.

15. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

ExFedex, too funny. Luke's long gone now, great guy. But he has a nephew who I'm sure reads here now and then but doesn't post. Dennis used to smoke a pipe and was opening a can of red dot, back when they were 15 or 17 lbs in a metal container. He said he remembered seeing a spark leave the pipe and then luckily ducked quick enough to get out of the way of the huge "WOOOSH" as the whole can went up. Shucks, no powder, back to the store. Dennis M, you may know him, I'm sure he told you the story. LOL

16. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

No, but I do use a quick once over the bench with a propane torch for very quick clean up though. LOL

17. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

i saw a guy light himself up with about 9 pounds of silver powder. It almost killed him and left a lot of permanent scarring. Probably the scariest few seconds of my life. Bill

18. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Years ago a guy saw me looking at the scars on his neck and proceeded to tell me how he got them. Seems he was pouring directly from a 12 pound keg into the poder hopper when it lit up,their I was holding a 12 pound rocket he says.He then pulls hi shirt up to show the graphs on his whole chest,neck and arms.HE was NOT smoking! Must have been static. Almost burned hi house down. Sure broke me of pouring direct. Jeff

19. Uncle Screech

Uncle Screech Member

I smoke and I have smoked while reloading. It should make me nervous I guess but it doesn't.

One thing I have done is pick up one of those e-cigarette kits. I got it because I got real tired of going outside for a quick one at the office. It just so happens it makes it easy on the nerves while loading, plus I can smoke in the clubhouse, on the line, in stores, in restaurants, etc. That is until the FDA figures out I'm enjoying my life again and they regulate the hell out of it. But, for now it's a much safer option.

20. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I don't normally smoke, but I do like to smoke when I reload or work around gasoline. Just a weird quirk I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.