1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you separate all targets before loading trap?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by sshotshell, Nov 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

I've been loading trap machines for over 45 years. Just reciently I've noticed that some clay birds were sticking together in the individual stacks as they were removed from the cardboard case. I started to take the time to separate or "fan" the clays as I loaded them into the trap magazine. Has anyone noticed the birds sticking more frequently lately or is it possible that our storage methods have to be changed? Any help would be appreciated. Jerry Felice

2. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Usually targets stick together because of moisture so I would suspect a storage problem.

We just got a load of White Flyers and no problems here.

3. the old guy

the old guy TS Member

The new biodegradeable targets seem to be packaged before the paint dries. Threfore they stick together.
    Paul Bobby

4. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

NY orange and all orange are the worst and the worst of the worst is WF for some unknown reason. No big deal, take a column out, hold between hands and wiggle it, then spin the stack in your hands and look for broken targets, then toss them in the machine.

5. DANNY

DANNY Member

Jerry,I have been helping at our local trap club for approx. 7yrs. We only throw White Flyer targets. From time to time we do notice the targets stick togeather & need to be wiggled between tne hands to seperate them. This seems to very between shipments. We feel that sometimes they may be packed before paint is dry. We do not see it as a big problem. Just inform your trap help of the situation & keep on shooting while you can. Danny

6. sshotshell

sshotshell Member

7. letts

letts TS Member

Last yaer we had targets that stuck togeather. (paint) it was a pain as no matter who loaded the machine we had stuck birds and then broken birds which caused more problems, as in debris in the machine which aggravated the problems. Everyone was glad when that batch was used up. This year all birds were good. Sometimes quality control could use a kick in the pants at the plant I guess.

Letts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.